HT1225 I know but they are old

Any new radios

Also any plans for P-25 on 160.280

PaulNDaOC

Does anyone know what model radios they are using

HT1225 I know but they are old

Any new radios

Also any plans for P-25 on 160.280

I'm in suburban Los Angeles and love listening to them. There is a neutered Hatzolah here and they have a zero presence in public.

The idea of independent volunteer fire crews like in NYC and the private EMS providers would send the local authorities and union leaders running to their physicians for zanax.

weathermedic

Premium Subscriber
They are mostly using Motorola HT-1250's, some EX-600's and the newest radios are XPR 3500's. At least that's what I'm seeing being worn on the Brooklyn units.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
A wide variety of radios, but mostly Motorola XPR series and Hytera radios. Almost all Hatzolah comms are encrypted.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Almost all Hatzolah comms are encrypted.

I'm not sure what you got that idea from, but Hatzolah NYC and upstate (Sullivan County) are in the clear on 160.280 analog wide-area simulcast.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
I stand corrected since I only base my assumptions that Rockland Hatzolah are DMR encrypted:

160.095 - Color Code 12 - TG1253441 WNKN950 Hatzoloh of Rockland County
and of course on the Rockland County P25 system.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I stand corrected since I only base my assumptions that Rockland Hatzolah are DMR encrypted:

160.095 - Color Code 12 - TG1253441 WNKN950 Hatzoloh of Rockland County
and of course on the Rockland County P25 system.

Where are you seeing that DMR entry? That's the New Square Public Safety frequency.

Hatzoloh of Rockland operate on the Rockland County P25 system, encrypted TDMA talkgroup.

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
In a related note, they are building a Rockland County wide P25 Trunked System, I haven't heard anything on the air from across the river..

There is/was a plan to build out their own system...the current status of that is uncertain.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Where are you seeing that DMR entry? That's the New Square Public Safety frequency.

Hatzoloh of Rockland operate on the Rocking County P25 system, encrypted TDMA talkgroup.

That’s from my own log, haven’t submitted to the database yet.
FCC license shows Chevra Hatzoloh VAC but actual usage may be someone else (can’t really determine it since it’s encrypted)

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I'm familiar with the license and location, the frequency is already listed in the database under New Square for Public Safety. So apparently they've switched from analog with DPL to DMR according to what you've logged.

However Hatzoloh of Rockland are on the county system for all dispatch/operations, and are one of the busiest users of the system.

PS - This is the actual license that New Square is operating under: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WPWI317

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
In a related note, they are building a Rockland County wide P25 Trunked System, I haven't heard anything on the air from across the river.

There is/was a plan to build out their own system...the current status of that is uncertain.

They just filed a request for slow growth with a Dec 2020 deadline, however their proposed timeline shows that the system might be online for testing next summer. Either way, all talkgroups will be encrypted so it's nothing to get too excited about.

FDNY216

Was JETBLUE1424
Is this new system for NYC with the encryption

On the system build out for 2020

radiomanNJ1

Just amazing that they have the money and nerve to build their own P25 700 system. Talking encrypted on Rockland I guess is not enough. Who knows what will go on with that system since as someone said it will be encrypted probably AES256!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.