Hatzolah Ems

Status
Not open for further replies.

CW1NY3478

question,

i have the nyc HATZOLAH freq.

two questions

one how many people on the board monitor Hatzolah.

question 2..what other freq are used by hatzolah in nys???

SCANdal

Silent Key
English major?

Answer to question 1: 69

Answer to question 2:

Hatzolah (NYC): 160.200 (167.9), talkaround / dispatch simulcast
Kiryas Joel EMS (Orange County): 155.955R (110.9)
Hatzolah of Rockland County: 159.885R (DPL 074)
Catskills Hatzolah (Sullivan County area): 160.280 (csq)

SCANdal

PJH

Premium Subscriber
In Sullivan, CSQ will get you City traffic, a PL of 167.9 will get you local stuff. There is a 2nd local HEMS channel in the Sullivan area, and its posted (should be) under the Sullivan County database. There is some secure or data on the 2nd channel as well. I can't get a straight answer from HEMS about it.

usnasa

I SHOW Hatzolah OF NYC as 160.2800 pl 167.9 i tried to program this but keeps going to 160.2825 why ? can someone confirm this please

D

DaveNF2G

There was a very long thread about Hatzolah somewhere - maybe N2NOV.net forums?

usnasa

thank you sir but when i put in 160.2800 it changes to 160.2825 when programming my pro 2055 using win 97 software is there a way tro change the step ?

D

DaveNF2G

This really belongs in the Radio Shack Scanner Forum, but the problem seems to be that scanners treat the entire band from 144 (or so) to 174 as a single band with the same bandplan. That is not the way those frequencies are actually allocated, so there are band segments where the default settings in a scanner will insist on using frequencies that do not match up with the actual channelization in use in the United States.

In Win97, I think you can adjust or select the bandplan by either editing the defaults or creating your own.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Everyone welcome the thread to 2009! :)

dca37

The real deal

I am a Hatzolah member, and program radios. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Disclaimer: I do not represent the organization, or any particular person. I am posting this information solely for that sake....information. Feel free to listen to our dispatch and chatter. NYSP does too, by our invitation.

************Hatzolah EMS - NYC and Sullivan County******************

Dispatch - 160.28000 PL 167.9
F2 - 160.20000 PL 167.9

Dispatch is sometimes also broadcasted on F2 simultaneously in Sullivan county, but only Rx on 160.280

When listening with pl you will only hear the local traffic. If you are in the city you will only hear city, if in Sullivan, only Sullivan. Without pl you will hear both areas.

When tx on channel 1 without pl, the dispatcher will not hear you, so it is a de-facto talkaround. It can interfere with dispatch though, and it is rarely used for that purpose. F2 is commonly used for unit-to-unit chatter, or on a scene, to allow the dispatcher to continue putting out calls on channel 1. There are three or four additional secondary channels used for unit-to-unit talk, though they are rarely used, and not on all handhelds.

Kiryas Joel EMS (Orange County): 155.955R (110.9)
Hatzolah of Rockland County: 159.885R (DPL 074)

They both utilize a repeater system. The above frequencies I believe ARE the correct rx freq.

PJ from lightbarn?

nyscan

Really?

************Hatzolah EMS - NYC and Sullivan County******************

Dispatch - 160.28000 PL 167.9
F2 - 160.20000 PL 167.9

Dispatch is sometimes also broadcasted on F2 simultaneously in Sullivan county, but only Rx on 160.280
When dispatch is broadcast on both F1 & F2 wouldn't that have to mean that RX is on both? Did you mean TX only on F1?
When listening with pl you will only hear the local traffic. If you are in the city you will only hear city, if in Sullivan, only Sullivan. Without pl you will hear both areas.
If both PL's are the same, why wouldn't you hear both NYC and Sullivan Co. with PL?

PJH

Premium Subscriber
In my monitoring, NYC is mostly CSQ on the the base transmit side. They are most likely a PL input for the dispatchers to hear, so they don't have to hear skip or the railroads in adjacent channels.

In Sullivan County, there has always been a PL transmitted on the base side for Sullivan County traffic/calls, with CSQ used as a talkaround. There is mostly data or some sort of encyption on 160.200, and it does not appear to be used that often. This has been true for at least the past four years.

In NYC, I am noticing a lot more use of PL on the transmit base side, but not universal. Sometimes you hear the dispatchers, sometimes you don't. It seems to depend on the transmitter they are using unless they have local PL control, which some consoles (in general terms) can do.

Due to the elevation and location of transmitters, it is possible in many locations to hear the NYC traffic from Sullivan, Orange and other counties from NYC. There is a local transmitter in Liberty.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Let me rephrase the last part....

The Liberty transmitter will repeat the NYC traffic CSQ, and anything for the Catskill units will transmit with a PL. So, those who wish to monitor NYC stuff can, and those who only want to hear Catskills traffic can as well.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
dca37 - How many ambulances does Hatzolah operate? IIRC it is approx 20. Peter Sz

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Originally Posted by zerg901
dca37 - How many ambulances does Hatzolah operate? IIRC it is approx 20. Peter Sz

Hatzolah is the largest headache volunteer ambulance service in the United States, with over 90 ambulances and 1,000 wacker volunteer EMTs in the United States, as well as dozens of migranes throughout the world.

Fixed for brutal truthness.

Don't get me started! :)

/rant

dca37

When dispatch is broadcast on both F1 & F2 wouldn't that have to mean that RX is on both? Did you mean TX only on F1?

If both PL's are the same, why wouldn't you hear both NYC and Sullivan Co. with PL?

Sorry if i was unclear. The base will Tx on F1 and F2, but will only Rx the portable on F1.

They turn on the PL on different towers, based on the location of the calls, because the portables and dispatch system is setup that the members can leave their radios with pl activated and only hear the calls local to them (or leave it on open, and hear all calls).

---

PJH, Truck26 got it right, we do have over 90 ambulances. Hatzolah is the largest headache volunteer ambulance service in the United States, with over 90 ambulances and 1,000 wacker volunteer EMTs in the United States, as well as dozens of migranes throughout the world.

Why do you say that? Some of our members have whacktastic setups, thats for sure, and some are overenthusiastic, but how does hatzolah cause migraines throughout the world? we can continue this via pm if you'd like.

If a hatzolah member has given you a problem in the past I would like to apologize on his behalf. I would be curious to hear the details via pm and see if i can address the matter.

Regards,
David

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Just many on the job instances where HEMS causes undue, unnessesary operational stresses. I'm told every year by the coordnators and top guys that they wish to work well with us and that the members will abide by orders of the local command staff while operating at our incidents...but that never happens.

I just do not subscribe to the propaganda that the Hatzolah organization spews to the public and public safety responders. I know that there are many good intentions and the overall concept is a good one, but Hatzolah: excersises poor operational control and discipline over its members for personal vehicle & emergency vehicle responses, questionable patient care priority management to non-Jews (personally have seen on several incidents), poor onscene safety awareness, lack of notification to the PSAP/police deparmtent on MVA's.

The concerns have been brought up to the coordnators, but it doesn't seem to go anywhere.

As for wacker members....there ARE quite a bit of them. Most cars have more lights, sirens and radios then the cops and firefighters together. Questionable color combinations as well. And this year, leave the firearms home. There is no reason for a Hatzolah member to be wearing a firearm at an EMS scene. It's completly improper and unnessesary.

/rant

Status
Not open for further replies.