KQ2H repeater group

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3wrx

Hi everyone.

Quick note for the NYC metro area people: there is a new Yahoo! group for the KQ2H amateur repeater system - covers 10m, 2m (via W2FLA link in upstate NY), 6 (tx only currently), 440 (4 machines throughout the area), and 900MHz. The group name is

kq2h_repeater

Thanks and 73 de Josh (n3wrx)

P.S. New FCC rules! No more morse requirement of any kind for any level amateur radio license!

n3wrx

Thanks man

IW_RADIO said:
ALOT of good and interesting info too! Great job Josh!!!

Hey, thanks man. :)

I was really interested in creating some documentation of the network, and thought a forum like Yahoo! groups would be an easy way for people to get together and get access to the information.

n3wrx

n3wrx

More pics man

IW_RADIO said:
Keep adding the great pictures and info Josh! Bob & Lou are THE BEST!

Thanks man. Just uploaded lots of new pics! All kindsa pics... Also, new polls, new local scanning regs files, all kindsa stuff.

chevettepolicecar.jpg
nelsonmuntz.jpg
Haw, Haw!!!

n3wrx

IW_RADIO said:
Josh, No more MDC squawks on the repeater PLEASE!

I really couldn't care less one way or the other - I think MDC is neat, but I've never used it because I know it irritates people. On KQ2H/R, Alex wants it the way Alex wants it, and for me that's the end of the story. I'm just trying to keep people from killing each other in the group!

:p

On the "news" front, FLA is "erecting" his new tower, so we should have some tumescent 220 and 6 meter action going on pretty soon. Good times!

Analogrules

their individual frequencies?

If anyone has the time to list all of this repeater group's individual frequencies/locations on here, I would appreciate it so I can add them to my notes. Thanks to anyone in advance who can do this.

n3wrx

N2ZGE said:
If anyone has the time to list all of this repeater group's individual frequencies/locations on here, I would appreciate it so I can add them to my notes. Thanks to anyone in advance who can do this.

Have you joined the KQ2H repeater Yahoo! group? There is a great deal of detailed information there - more than could be posted here. It's open to anyone.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kq2h_repeater/

-j

n3wrx

IW_RADIO said:
Josh, thanks for posting the "Bob & Lou Show" audio files! Keep up the good work!

No sweat man. I put up a poll to gauge people's reactions. So far, mixed.

They're pretty big - even using mp3, you still wind up with 10-20MB for the typical 2-4 hour B 'n' L show. Plus the morning drive time...

I'd probably only be able to store a few days at a time with the current storage limitation. No matter, a day or two is probably enough...

n3wrx

e911god said:
Sorry about that. I still have 82.5 as the input on 440.900. 67.0 on the receive 445.900.

Really - have you noticed a change in the tone being transmitted by the Washingtonville system? Washingtonville is the "hub" site, so that (as far as I know to date) is the only system that deliberately transmits a tone (though it does "bleed through" marginally to the satellite sites as I've had very limited success using tone decode at ESB), as it is used to activate the satellite UHF repeaters. All the other sites have been aligned to 82.5Hz as the system's decode tone for a while now (at least a few months).

I'd be surprised by that, as changing that tone would be a fairly non-trivial effort (without bringing significant parts of the linked system down while parts are swapped out or programming is changed).

IW_RADIO

Very good on the MP3's Josh. By the way, I have been hearing a spurious emission drifting through on the 449.225 over the past few nights. It sounds like a dirty repeater re-broadcasting the space shuttle. Are you hearing anything over in your neck of the woods?

n3wrx

IW_RADIO said:
Very good on the MP3's Josh. By the way, I have been hearing a spurious emission drifting through on the 449.225 over the past few nights. It sounds like a dirty repeater re-broadcasting the space shuttle. Are you hearing anything over in your neck of the woods?

I have not heard that over this way - it hasn't broken the squelch in downtown JC and I also don't hear it in mid-town - I work very close to the repeater site.

I know of a machine in the region that broadcasts space shuttle missions (via IRLP link to some other site) but the one I'm thinking of (can't remember the frequency, it's on UHF, 4xx.200) is fairly faint for me, far from the ESB site. I haven't noticed it bleeding over.

Status
Not open for further replies.