Ongoing Sensitive Situations

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Afternoon All!
Since I have received this question in the recent past I would like to take this time to address the issue of posting info on ongoing situations. Please take a couple of extra minutes before you post and consider the info you are putting on a public message board. Is it sensitive info having to do with something like a surveillance (going on at the time that you post) or some other investigation? If it is do NOT post it. I know you want to be Mr. "Breaking News Live up to the second coverage" scanner guy but I will not have public safety officials safety or investigations compromised because of something posted in this forum. I have a lot of close friends in public safety and I would never do anything to put their safety in jeopardy due to leaked information. Hear something sensitive ongoing? Make a note of it in your log book and sit on it until the situation is completed.
I am always the first one to defend our right to monitor the unencrypted airwaves BUT I also understand that encryption is not always available for every situation so some sensitive operations may be in the clear on both analog & digital channels.
I will not compromise on this issue: post sensitive information about an ongoing situation that may jeopardize anyone's safety and I will delete your posts and you will be issued forum infractions.
Questions?
Email me at KE4ZNR@radioreference.com.
I wanted to address this issue so that we can take care of it now before it hopefully becomes an issue in the future.
Thank you for your understanding and thanks for being a part of Radioreference.com!
Happy Monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR

tekshogun

Not just compromising safety but also the integrity of an investigation; if someone found out this site is a great place to catch local radio traffic info and they used that to commit a crime, I have a funny feeling you could be charged accordingly and then the right for us to use scanners could be taken away and you won't even be able to talk about the equipment without the fear of being investigated.

blinddog50

I understand completely what you are saying Marshall and I agree.
But just for kicks and giggles and playing the role of devil's advocate.

What would be the difference finding info here or using the same computer to listen in at ScanAmerica.us?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (KE4ZNR's HTC PPC 6800: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Alltel HTC PPC6800)

blinddog50 said:
I understand completely what you are saying Marshall and I agree.
But just for kicks and giggles and playing the role of devil's advocate.

What would be the difference finding info here or using the same computer to listen in at ScanAmerica.us?

No difference whatsoever. I don't care where you hear the radio traffic, just don't post the details here until the situation is over with and all parties involved are safe. I don't think that is too much to ask.
Happy Monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.