Missing Aircraft - Viper LZ Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCasto

Premium Subscriber
Monitoring Viper West Raleigh SHP site LZ Central TG (51579) hearing discussion of locating a missing aircraft. Not sure of the location. Lifeflight talking to someone on the ground. Another helicopter is also on the way.

10:54am Appears to be located SW of Yanceyville near Camp Springs.

Last edited:

kc4wsd

Premium Subscriber
Monitoring Viper West Raleigh SHP site LZ Central TG (51579) hearing discussion of locating a missing aircraft. Not sure of the location. Lifeflight talking to someone on the ground. Another helicopter is also on the way.

10:54am Appears to be located SW of Yanceyville near Camp Springs.
Events talkgroup Echo 1 also active with search groups on the ground.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

kc4wsd

Premium Subscriber
What VIPER site are you monitoring? I am not hearing anything here in Wake County on Echo 1.
Greensboro.

Further radio traffic between Caswell County medic and Lifeflight indicates that the target aircraft may have been tracked by "the FAA" near Martinsville, VA. Lifeflight was clearing LZ Central.
I have a personal interest in this call. If you get a tail number, please advise.

BCasto

Premium Subscriber
Greensboro.

Further radio traffic between Caswell County medic and Lifeflight indicates that the target aircraft may have been tracked by "the FAA" near Martinsville, VA. Lifeflight was clearing LZ Central.
I have a personal interest in this call. If you get a tail number, please advise.

OK, I got ECHO 1 up on Durham Camden Viper site. Earlier they said the FAA did provide a tail number but it was not broadcast while I was listening.

kc4wsd

Premium Subscriber
Both TGs have fallen silent. Not sure what is happening now.
Buddy of mine in the area is reporting helo is still flying around. My son is also flying nearby, but isn't reporting any traffic of interest on aviation frequencies.

BCasto

Premium Subscriber
Buddy of mine in the area is reporting helo is still flying around. My son is also flying nearby, but isn't reporting any traffic of interest on aviation frequencies.

I am monitoring as many aviation frequencies as I can and have heard nothing about this situation.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
The ID's popping up on Echo 1 are Richmond County ID's.. that may be related to the Amber Alert and not this.

kc4wsd

Premium Subscriber
The ID's popping up on Echo 1 are Richmond County ID's.. that may be related to the Amber Alert and not this.
Understood. Thanks for clearing that up. I copied a handful of the IDs, and they were all over the place. Interesting how they were being copied on the Greensboro site.

BigLebowski, after digging a little deeper, I discovered that one radio ID was from the Craven County range, and one was from Pender County. Good catch on my misinformation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.