Wake Cnty and Durham Cnty Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougWare

Feed Provider
I spent quite a few years as an EMT. I was pleased that I found the forum posting on the CADvoice system Raleigh uses. I was unaware such technology actually existed (we used old VHF radios, and the only thing keeping us from cross-talking with the next county was the tones used).

However, can anyone explain why Raleigh as multiple dispatches that will simply say "Medic 12, move up to Six Forks Rd station". Five or ten minutes later, I'll hear the same dispatch.

Lastly, can someone explain Durham's "Alpha-Bravo-Charlie-Delta" dispatch system? The best I can tell, it breaks down like this:
Alpha - No lights or siren, go with the flow of traffic, not time sensitive
Bravo - No lights or siren, but try to be a little quick about it
Charlie - Lights & siren
Delta - Emergency, get there absolutely as fast as possible....

We never used that system when I was an EMT...just Code 1, 2 and 3!

Thanks for the info!

scannerpro

I can tell you from a Johnston County Stand point and a few other places I've listened to before and how they put into terms for new EMT's
Alpha & Omega- Code 1
Bravo, Charles,Delta,Echo/Edward-Code 3

The way it works is B to E is for example like a Toothache (Minor) or A Stubbed Toe (Minior) In a Code 3 Responce as you work your way down to like a Delta or Echo thats like a Code Blue or Resp. Distress or like a Shooting or Chest Pains. Hopefully the helps on that aspect for the EMD Codes

WA4MJF

If it the same unit, Medic 12 in your example, but Medics are in the 90 series in Wake, I'd guess the GPS tracking shows they're not there and the boss wants them there. If it is different units, then it is just telling them to fill in at another station. I always wondered why they always move up and never down or across, I guess at night while I'm sleeping they're all up North and they move then down (South) or accross (East and West). :) On the fire side when they fill in the page just says, for
example, "EWP1 move up to...", but give no destination.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I spent quite a few years as an EMT. I was pleased that I found the forum posting on the CADvoice system Raleigh uses. I was unaware such technology actually existed (we used old VHF radios, and the only thing keeping us from cross-talking with the next county was the tones used).

However, can anyone explain why Raleigh as multiple dispatches that will simply say "Medic 12, move up to Six Forks Rd station". Five or ten minutes later, I'll hear the same dispatch.

More times than not this is due to RWECC (Raleigh/Wake 911) Not getting a response from the Unit on the original page so they repage the unit again.

Lastly, can someone explain Durham's "Alpha-Bravo-Charlie-Delta" dispatch system? The best I can tell, it breaks down like this:
Alpha - No lights or siren, go with the flow of traffic, not time sensitive
Bravo - No lights or siren, but try to be a little quick about it
Charlie - Lights & siren
Delta - Emergency, get there absolutely as fast as possible....

We never used that system when I was an EMT...just Code 1, 2 and 3!

Thanks for the info!

You are on the right path...Alpha is routine response while Delta is Haul Butt :)
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.