Forsyth and Guilford Conventional

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonus1331

Are the conventional frequencies really being used anymore is most everyone using the TRS in both counties.
I have the "pleasure" of being responsible for our business in Charlotte and now Greensboro as well...no extra money, just more work and travel time.
I'm traveling up to GSO 2-3 times a week.
Figure I should load these counties into my 396XT.
Any reason to load the conventional's?
Thanks

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
46.500 and 453.750 Guilford/Greensboro Fire Dispatch and 155.115 Guilford EMS are still being used they are just simulcast from the trunking system. Personally i load them in my scanner because sometimes i just get a better signal then the trunking. Thats the only conventional freq. being used in Guilford.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Also if you plan putting in the High Point system the control channel on the db is incorrectly labeled. The CC for Highpoint system is 860.4375 I have submitted a ticket to get it corrected.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Also if you plan putting in the High Point system the control channel on the db is incorrectly labeled. The CC for Highpoint system is 860.4375 I have submitted a ticket to get it corrected.

Just made the update.
Thanks for the heads up.
Marshall KE4ZNR

fcfd988

Feed Provider
No conventional operation in Forsyth except the 154.205 VHF County Fire Dispatch and an occasional out-of-county ambulance calling in for a patch on 155.340.

The only Conventional transmitters was have access to in the com-center are 154.205, 155.340, 155.280 and Med 8 and Med 10 which are NEVER used.

Last edited:

bonus1331

Appreciate the input guys.
Almost done adding Guilford, Forsyth, Winston-Salem, and the Rowan TRS.
Will be uploading to the XT and have to head up to GSO on Wednesday.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Oh noes!
We must keep Bonus on that side of the state at all costs! If he and I are in the same general area it is like crossing the streams in Ghostbusters! There is a chance that a time paradox might be created which could cause the end of all mankind! Please don't let him get past Guilford Co! :cool:
Marshall KE4ZNR

bonus1331

Oh noes!
We must keep Bonus on that side of the state at all costs! If he and I are in the same general area it is like crossing the streams in Ghostbusters! There is a chance that a time paradox might be created which could cause the end of all mankind! Please don't let him get past Guilford Co! :cool:
Marshall KE4ZNR

I pass into RTP territory and I may never come back. I hear all our state income tax is spent in this golden area of the state.
I'vee heard you have completed interstate loops, green grass, no traffic, plenty of police, great public schools, tempatures in the 70's year round and a population 3/4's of Charlotte.
I can't pass Guilford, I would have to sell my house, move my wife and daughter and live a life free of stress and strife.
....plus there's too many Cary yuppies up there, I don't have any Docksiders and I don't play golf.

Status
Not open for further replies.