Unknown LTR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trumpetman

Database Admin
I was scrolling through the 800 band with C-Ch only looking for anything new tonight, and it suddenly stopped on 855.0625 MHz. It read as a LT System and the 2 TGs taht came up were 0-14-073 & 0-14-076.
It sounds to me like a cab company, but between the static and horrible communication skills, I can barely understand their stops between the yelling and static. "The Bojangles on Garrison," is the only thing I can copy so far. Did an FCC search up to 150 miles, still nothing registerd. Checked all local states trunkking listings, still nothing. Anyone got any ideas?

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)

trumpetman

Database Admin
Ah, thanks Jeff! I searched for a good while. I guess I disregarded that licesnse because it was biz conventional, rather than biz trunked. I'll park on that other freq and see if it will do the same.

Thanks!

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
... and I missed that it was a conventional license.

Unless there was an interference issue with an LTR system, I don't know any reason why talkgroup I-Ds would display.

( - after a little bit of research ... )

855.0625 voice South Sales LTR Gastonia ? Gaston NC 0905 * heard in Kings Mountain; 01-14-073

The previous line of information is from one of my log files. At one time, South Sales had the license to 855.0625 in the Gastonia area, and was using it as part of an LTR system. I logged them on multiple occasions (the asterisk after 0905), with the last logged I recorded being 09/2005.

Note that I also noted a regularly appearing talkgroup in the log. Look familiar ?

I presume South Sales may have sold the license and equipment to the taxi company, and they are actually using the frequencies in LTR mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.