NC Wildlife and NC Forestry Districts

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardbritt

Database Admin
Hi, Does anyone happen to have maps of the districts for the NC Wildlife and NC Dept of Forestry? I am trying to enter all the VIPER system talkgroups in my scanner but dont want to enter talkgroups for parts of the state I dont travel to to make room for more local groups. I am interested in the Outer Banks, Eliz City, areas. West to Northhampton County and down to Greensboro, then across to the coast. Thats maybe 7 counties or so (without looking at a map).

Thanks

Richard in Chesapeake Va (moving to NC as soon as my house closes)

richardbritt

Database Admin
Thanks Marshall, I have not checked that area of the site out yet. I will go there and explore and see what I shall find there :eek:)

Richard W4MCD

jaolson101

That covers the Wildlife, now how about Forestry? DENR used to produce a communications manual that identified all the units by call sign and County, as well as provided the repeater information. I don't know if this is still produced on paper or not.

trumpetman

Database Admin
On that very same wiki-page, at the bottom, there is a word document with NCFS districts & repeater info. Maybe that'll help you out.

jaolson101

Does anyone know information on the "Louisburg Repeater" that District 11 uses? I can't locate any license information regarding that site and it's apparently the primary repeater that the Wake County units use to communicate back to the District office in Orange County.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
surprise NCFS is still using VHF on those kenwoods i saw they have, i thought they would of went full blown viper but they carry both?

EP204

surprise NCFS is still using VHF on those kenwoods i saw they have, i thought they would of went full blown viper but they carry both?

Yes, it depends on the district, they could be all VIPER, but then why be better off?

jaolson101, I would check the wiki, if you have not already.

kb4mdz

What kind of info, Jonathon? I have some notes that say it (as of about 5 years ago?) was at Franklin Co. 911 tower;
Does anyone know information on the "Louisburg Repeater" that District 11 uses? I can't locate any license information regarding that site and it's apparently the primary repeater that the Wake County units use to communicate back to the District office in Orange County.

richardbritt

Database Admin
State Forestry in NE NC (Eliz City area)

I finally found my local NC Forestry folks on 151.205 with a 123 HZ PL tone. Its a series of repeaters actually with a base in Eliz City. Gatesville, Eliz City and Columbia are all on the same repeater outout freq with the same PL tone. Each had a different repeater though. I heard one of the units call another and they switched between repeater sites and said the name of the site when they did calling the same unit (which did not answer but was working a large brush fire at the time). I am assuming each repeater was using a different input freq or a different PL tone to access the different repeaters. I listened to the input and never could catch anything, and I was near one of the brush fires (I drove there to try to catch the units transmitting on the input freq). I tried all the 159 freqs listed for NC Forestry mobile in NC that I could find on the FCC site.

Richard
W4MCD

The district repeaters for NCFS usually output on the 151.xxx side. I worked in D4 for 4 years and worked with the radio tech quite a bit while I was there.

In D4, they have repaters in Jacksonville, New Bern, Pamlico and one other I want to think.

All of the D4 repeaters transmit out on 151.265 with a PL of 100.0, All of the inputs are 159.something, just each repeater has a different input PL. That way someone talking on the Pamlico Repeater can be heard in Onslow (by mobiles, control station etc).

On the other side of NCFS, the Reagional Repeaters output on the 159.xxx side and are set-up liek the district repeaters with different PLs on the inputs.

I used to have a copy of the statewide NCFS radio info (repeaters, coordinates, PLs and how each radio was programmed, but I haven't been able to find it. It was about 5 or 6 years old anyways, but could still come in handy if I could find it.

Another thing to keep in mind, each district of NCFS has TAC channels assigned that are simplex. I dont have all of the info on these, but they are out there. Most of them are in the 151.xxx range as well.

Look up WQBX484 on the fcc database. That is the license for D4 repeaters.

Last edited:

jaolson101

What kind of info, Jonathon? I have some notes that say it (as of about 5 years ago?) was at Franklin Co. 911 tower;

I'm trying to figure out the frequency. My rationale is that I could probably be able to hear it in Eastern Wake County from Louisburg - or maybe not.

mhodgson

Louisburg Rptr

Jon, its located at the Sheriff's office just off 401 on T. Kemp Road. I seem to recall looking at it when we were doing a site visit for the VIPER IR thats going there a month or so ago.

Mike

I'm trying to figure out the frequency. My rationale is that I could probably be able to hear it in Eastern Wake County from Louisburg - or maybe not.

I have dug through some old papers and have found a copy of the NCFS repeater list from Spring of 2005.

D11 is on 151.340 (reepater output, mobile receive) and repeater input of 159.435.

The list I have shows 3 repeaters for D11 which are: Chatam Co (D11-Orange), Granville Co (D11 Oxford), and Caswell County (D11 Yanceyville); all three have callsigns of WPGM564 but a search under that callsign shows only mobile use. I found KSJ271 and it shows 151.340 listed in Chatham Granville and Caswell Counties as FB2 (repeater).

Status
Not open for further replies.