Official NC Rebanded Trunked System Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trumpetman

Database Admin
Mint Hill TRS

Mint Hill has rebanded their system for those of you who scan that TRS. Same license, same location, same 5 frequencies, just 15 MHz lower. I'll make the submission to the DB, but just wanted to give you guys a heads-up.

trumpetman

Database Admin
Also, when I was trying to double check on the callsign last night, a conventional license popped up under Mint Hill's name. It's a single frequency pair listed under WQJS486. The frequency is 856.4375 and is supposed to have an FB2 at Idlewild FD. You folks down south might wanna plug that in and see if it's anything worth while.

For those of you who want to do further investigation:
ULS License - PubSafty/SpecEmer/PubSaftyNtlPlan,806-817/851-862MHz,Conv License - WQJS846 - MINT HILL, TOWN OF

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Jeff Multer asked if I would make a sticky thread to help keep up with
the Rebanding process in NC. This thread is for that purpose only.
Please do not post general info questions, questions about VIPER, questions about life in general and the meaning of it or any other off topic questions.
Any off topic posts will be deleted.
Thanks to Jeff for the suggestion and thanks to you for keeping
this thread on topic with great rebanded system info!
Thanks for understanding!
Happy Monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR

kd8x

Pineville, NC TRS rebanded (Meck Co)

Pineville has rebanded. Same CC's minus 15 mhz.....

fcfd988

Feed Provider
Winston-Salem / Forsyth County has rebanded. Same as others, they moved everything down by 15 MHz. New frequencies are in the subscriber units, but the system has not cut over yet.

fcfd988

Feed Provider
Update on Winston-Salem / Forsyth County. Most all of the subscriber radios are updated and the Infrastructure is scheduled to be re-banded during the month of October. Potential cut-over by the end of October, first of November.

mlcline

Kernersville Rebanding

Please help... I can't recieve K'ville anymore. Thought I saw a post that they had rebanded and the new control channel was 851.1375?? I receive nothing on this frequency. Did a scan and 852.875 keeps showing up with a K'ville ID but can not hear anything. Program this freq into system and scanner always sets it to 852.8875. I've done it manually and with software. I have a 396XT with version 1.08.14 firmware. Thanks for any help. Really hope I'm not going to loose Forsyth County when they reband.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Please help... I can't recieve K'ville anymore. Thought I saw a post that they had rebanded and the new control channel was 851.1375?? I receive nothing on this frequency. Did a scan and 852.875 keeps showing up with a K'ville ID but can not hear anything. Program this freq into system and scanner always sets it to 852.8875. I've done it manually and with software. I have a 396XT with version 1.08.14 firmware. Thanks for any help. Really hope I'm not going to loose Forsyth County when they reband.

852.7000 & 853.1375 & 852.875 appear to be alt CC's(all of the freq are 15mhz down). You will probably need to enter some kind of custom tables in the scanner to track it properly. I dont have a Uniden so il let someone else comment on how or if you can do that.

Last edited:

KG4KHQ

Premium Subscriber
Kernersville

You will need to enter the custom tables into the Band Plan part of the menu on your Uniden. It is somewhere in the Wiki but try this:

Go to Edit Site, in my case it is "Kernersville" then select Edit Band Plan and select Custom, then enter the following:

Band Plan 1
Base Frequency: Lower 851.025 Upper 854.000
Offset: 440 + Polarity
Spacing: 25.00 khz

Band Plan 2
Base Frequency: Lower 851.0125 Upper 868.9875
Offset: 0 + Polarity
Spacing: 25.00 khz

Make sure you have the new Control Channel frequencies entered and this should put you back in business, it worked for me. Right now, Kernersville is the only local agency that you will need to do this for but it will probably need to be done in the future for Winston-Salem/Forsyth County because of their control channels being in the 867-868 range just like Kernersville's were. Off the top of my head, I think Concord/Cabarrus/Kannapolis will have to be done this way also in that area. I'm not sure what Viper will do. Again, this is for a Uniden, I recently programmed a GRE for someone by hand and it was an experience.

radionut44

Premium Subscriber
Rebanding GRE500

I changed the 4 CC frequencies for K'ville and all works fine. I went ahead and entered the 4 new CC for Winston-Salem so all should be fine when they cut over.
Ron

randyK

Sounds like Forsyth co has started switching the towers, CCs are 853.6750 & 853.5625, but still using several 866-869 voice channels. Radio techs are on TG# 42672.

Last edited:

donkatec

Oh, no! Something changed again. I see TG's show up when they transmit, but no voice.

:(

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Are you using a Pro 106? All I did recently was add the two new CC's. Is there something I'm missing?
Yesterday I heard all fine. Not anymore. My strength for the two new CC's are 95 %.

Yes im using pro-106. You need to enter the new CC(which you have) and also the custom tables. Do you use a software to program? Let me know how you program and il tell you how to enter the tables.

donkatec

I think I fixed it somewhat. When i see an object appear with no voice, I turn squelch down to see the FREQ. I then add this new FREQ to the TSYS and it's working. Is there a better way? I might as well add all the FREQ's listed on RR.

Do u have better advice?

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
All you need to enter is the CC's, dont worry about the other freq showing up, they are the voice freq. If you do not enter the tables then you are going to miss some traffic. So im assuming you are programing by hand?

Status
Not open for further replies.