rockingham county nc

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldog951

Premium Subscriber
i have new scanner.... cant hear the sherifs reply....help..... would like the 800 freqs for the sherifs dept..

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
The Sheriff's Dept has moved to the State of NC VIPER system. You will need an 800mhz Digital Scanner to listen to all of the traffic.

You can currently hear the dispatch side on 453.825, but in most cases you will not be able to hear a reply. I have received word that the deputies still have UHF mobiles, and I have heard them calling Wentworth on "400" occasionally.

KB4SHP

Feed Provider
All of Rockingham County well switch over to 800 MHZ you will need a DIgtal Scanner you can hear 911 simlcast on the fire ems and sheirff channels. Most of all the local depts have or going to switch over to Reidsville Police and FIre have and Eden Fire and Police are in the process now

Quantar22

i have a digital scanner.... i need the 800 frequecys

The database is your friend try here for starters...

North Carolina Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

On that page down at the bottom there is a link to the VIPER system..

Voice Interoperability Plan for Emergency Responders (VIPER) Trunking System, Various, North Carolina - Scanner Frequencies

For your particular application in Rockingham County you have 4 different sites you will need to program per that list..

Zone 2 Site 15 Eden

Zone 2 Site 17 Mayodan

Zone 2 Site 18 Reidsville

Zone 2 Site 21 Wentworth

That should get you started and cover most of the traffic within the county.

Depending on where you are in the county you might as well program in:

Zone 2 Site 40 Booth Mountain (In Stokes County near Danbury)

Zone 1 Site 25 Yanceyville (Caswell County)

Those should keep you going for a while. The build out is complete in Rockingham County but the surrounding counties are not so keep that in mind.

KB4SHP

Feed Provider
It is in the works they have got the radio but havent get the mobiles installed in the cars yet. I would say in the next few weeks it will pick up on 800

KB4SHP

Feed Provider
It is in the works they have got the radio but havent get the mobiles installed in the cars yet. I would say in the next few weeks it will pick up on 800

Eden is now live on viper on police and fire

KB4SHP

Feed Provider
It will not do the Digital System that is used here in Rockingham Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.