New Member, new hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

snicholas

I am interested in listening to fire dispactch calls in New Hanover county, NC. I have a radioshack pro-197 and I use arc500pro software. I subscribed to radioreference to help me find and program the frequencies but I seem to be missing something, can anyone offer some advice to a newbie?

jambo

I am interested in listening to fire dispactch calls in New Hanover county, NC. I have a radioshack pro-197 and I use arc500pro software. I subscribed to radioreference to help me find and program the frequencies but I seem to be missing something, can anyone offer some advice to a newbie?

You should be ok with that scanner for now. But in the long run you may end up buying the digital version of that scanner. It looks like the fire channels you listen to will work on that scanner for now. So just make sure your putting them in as FM on mode.

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
New Hanover county, NC

If you look at the county's frequency page
(New Hanover County, North Carolina (NC) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference)
you will see at the bottom a list of Trunked systems there are two systems that you are going to want to program the New P25 system
New Hanover County P25 System Trunking System, Wilmington, North Carolina - Scanner Frequencies
which is currently being built and the Current Analog System
Wilmington-New Hanover County Public Safety Trunking System, Wilmington, North Carolina - Scanner Frequencies

When open ARC500 and open the RR interface you will need to select your county and state after that you need to click Trunked Systems and then select from the drop down menu the systems you want (i/e the ones mentioned above)

Once you select one of them it will load in the windows below and you will need to select all the Frequencies on the right side and then on the left side select the channels/Talkgroups you want to hear.

Once you have selected what you want click import and then select the next System you want to program

ILMRadioMan

That P25 database is about completely useless.

You should make your own if you want it to be accurate.

The Analog db is pretty accurate. You can hear dispatch there or on the local VHF freq.

However you will only hear the comm back from the units on the Analog side.

And that is only going to be on a little bit longer.

If you want to listen to NHC in the future, invest in a digital scanner.

oft

Premium Subscriber

snicholas:

Are you interested in City of Wilmington or all of New Hanover County?

154.130, 155.220, 154.2950 and all the P25/ VIPER database. You can get City of Wilmington Fire on some of the same frequencies as the Wilmington Police.

snicholas

Thanks everyone for your help. How do I make my own P25/Viper list? I think that will be what I'm looking to do in the long run. I have to say I'm really impressed with how many responses I got. I can't even gewt my wife to return an email?!?:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.