RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > North Carolina Radio Discussion Forum

North Carolina Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of North Carolina.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 6:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayustud View Post
Interesting Recon rider, I'm in northern fringe of Raleigh just off us 1, I've tried 5 different scanners, 3 different beams, 3 verticals, a rubber duck, my Austin spectra on my Honda accord and not so much as one transmission although I do get the control channel well. I've ordered a motorola xts3000 and will try that next if that fails I'll just call it not monitorable from my area and throw in the towel, from what I hear no one is happy with the system performance anyway
I completely understand the scanner concept, being an avid scanner person myself. However re-reading murrayustud's post, the XTS3000 is a two-way radio, correct and not a scanner?
Sponsored links
Old 03-12-2013, 7:46 AM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Yes, but you can also passively monitor a system with a commercial radio as well. Not such a hard thing to do with a 4 channel system and an old ASTRO radio.
Old 04-25-2013, 9:43 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

So is anyone monitoring this system effectively using a Pro-96? I was in Louisburg Tuesday night and had a strong signal on the control channel, but would only occasionally have the radio stop on LAW1 without any audio. I'm using the set up downloaded for the system from RR.
Old 08-06-2013, 3:27 PM

Default Scanner Feed

Hey, I know several of you that are near enough to towers are saying that you are having no issues monitoring this system. Are any of you interested in putting a feed up here on Broadcastify? We had 2 feeds prior to the new system but now no one seems to be able to monitor the system that had a feed. I'm assuming others would appreciate it too if anyone was willing to help. (I would if I could but my reception is terrible)
Old 09-21-2013, 10:20 AM

10-22

Last edited by NCFire11; 09-21-2013 at 11:48 AM..
Sponsored links
Old 01-17-2014, 11:46 PM

Hi all,

I have been able to successfully scan this system and since people have had trouble scanning it I have put up a feed. Right now I am broadcasting:

Fire Dispatch on Analog(to hear tones)
TAC 10-14 on FC P25
FIREOPS 3-9 on FC P25
EMS OPS 3 on FC P25
County Wide on FC P25

If anyone has any requests for the feed let me know and I will put them up.
Old 01-19-2014, 3:53 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

NCFire11, the old fisherman needs some help understanding Broadcastify. I first loaded it to my computer and it asks me if I want to save the file. What do I then listen too when loaded, the file says 'live' but is it? Also, I loaded the App to my Galaxy 3 phone and it says Franklin County Fire is now playing. Tells me now that it has been streaming for over 30 minutes with 3 listeners but I haven't heard anything.

I'm totally confused if this is working real time or what, the calls I hear on the computer are not on the phone, matter of fact I've heard garbled calls on my scanner but nothing from the computer or my new 'Smarty' phone.

Obviously I have no idea what I'm doing, have been unable to find a tutorial on Broadcastify.

Help! Someone please point me in the right direction or I'm going fishin!!

Thanks
Old 01-19-2014, 4:55 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Update, seems like my Smarty phone is working. Only get Fire but maybe that's all that's broadcasting now. Life is good!!!
Old 01-19-2014, 5:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFisherman View Post
Update, seems like my Smarty phone is working. Only get Fire but maybe that's all that's broadcasting now. Life is good!!!
Glad you have it working.

Usually there is no more than a 30 second delay between my scanner and my phone. At this time I am only broadcasting the analog simulcasted fire dispatch on 154.145 and TAC 10-14, Fire Ops 3-9 and County Wide on the P25 system. There isn't that much traffic on the fire channels so that's why you aren't hearing much.

My setup allows me to monitor this system very clearly, so I can scan whatever people want me to(I don't listen to my feed, so it really doesn't matter to me.)
Old 01-20-2014, 10:44 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I'd sure like to get back to the good old days before Harris destroyed most of our listening fun. Would sure be great to get the EMS, Fire and Sheriff together. My being in southwest Franklin County and trying to get LAW 1 (for example) is just about impossible. The only time I do get it is when I drive next to one of the towers and sit which is pretty lousy. Sure appreciate all your efforts!
Old 01-20-2014, 12:22 PM

with that being said, would you like Fire and EMS to be on analog or Digital P25?
Old 01-20-2014, 1:53 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Analog is great unless you really get the P25 just as good. Today is 'I have a dream' day, just dreamin how good the 'pre-Harris' days were. Any help you can give would be fantastic and much appreciated. I owe you a case of liquid refreshment for all your help.

The Old Fisherman
Old 01-21-2014, 6:07 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

NCFire11 - THANKS!!!!! After all this time hearing almost nothing for Franklin County my phone is now my favorite scanner. Been listening for the last hour and all is nice and clear on the phone while hearing nothing on my 396XT. I owe you big time, let me know what your favorite beverage is!
Old 02-04-2014, 11:33 AM

Default Sincere Thanks!

NCFIRE11, I want to sincerely thank you for doing this. It is so nice to have something to listen to when not in the area or right next to a tower. I agree with OldFisherman, it would be nice to have Fire Dispatch, EMS Dispatch, and LAW1/LAW2 if possible but I'm happy just to have anything. IMO, having it on all P25 and not analog would be best because of how they are using the new system but again, I'll take anything. Thank you sincerely again!
Old 02-04-2014, 2:30 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Just wondering if I have a problem with my Smarty phone. I haven't heard anything from Franklin County for the last 3 days, seems like Wake County and others work ok. I keep thinking it's something I have set wrong on my Galaxy 3 phone - right now I see there are 9 listeners and it seems to be streaming. As usual, I need help!
Old 02-10-2014, 2:55 AM

I live in a neighboring county.. and I have Franklin County programmed in my 436. Why is the range so bad on their system?
Old 02-10-2014, 5:48 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

As for most simulcast systems they care setup for an on county basis so power is just enough to cover the county and nothing else.
John 15:13 - Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Old 02-10-2014, 4:36 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

It a lot of times fails to cover even their own county, lol
Uniden HP 2, Pro 197, CS750 DMR
Old 02-11-2014, 8:20 PM

Ok. Thanks for the info.
I will have to try to see what I can pick up next time I drive through there.
Old 03-02-2014, 6:48 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

NCFire11 (Josh) is having problems with the RR program that broadcasts the audio. For some reason the program is not stable and stops passing audio to the RR/broadcastify servers. Maybe someone can help Josh and send him a PM with any ideas. All I know is when it does work, it sure is great!