Beaufort/Carteret

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgiat28

I saw on the news where a diver was rescued by the Coast Guard. I am trying to find the frequencies for the coast guard and for carteret county rescue/ems. I have some frequencies but what I am picking up is far and few in between. Also, shouldn't I be able to pick up East Care? I have the correct frequencies but I am not hearing anything for East Care. My sister lives in Goldsboro and she hears them going to Carteret County alot to pick up patients but I am not picking them up. My scanner is a Bearcat 800 mhz but does not have trucking and is not digital. Any help with this would be much appreciated!

RMPDCOP

Database Admin
I saw on the news where a diver was rescued by the Coast Guard. I am trying to find the frequencies for the coast guard and for carteret county rescue/ems. I have some frequencies but what I am picking up is far and few in between. Also, shouldn't I be able to pick up East Care? I have the correct frequencies but I am not hearing anything for East Care. My sister lives in Goldsboro and she hears them going to Carteret County alot to pick up patients but I am not picking them up. My scanner is a Bearcat 800 mhz but does not have trucking and is not digital. Any help with this would be much appreciated!

Georgia, East Care has moved onto the VIPER Network and unfortunately is Digital. Sometimes you hear them on the UHF Medical Network on 463.175 PL 173.8.
As far as the Coast Guard goes they use the VHF Marine Band and the Marine LANT Channels, which can be found in the WIKI.

georgiat28

Carteret

As far as the Coast Guard goes they use the VHF Marine Band and the Marine LANT Channels, which can be found in the WIKI.

So is this something that I can pick up on my regular 800 mhz scanner.

Ten42

I visit Carteret County numerous times a year and have since 1998, Fire & Rescue has always been dispatched on 154.995, CTCSS of 179.9. However each independent town/city has a seperate frequency for their fire and ems. USCG I hear on maritime channels 16, 22, and 83. Its all VHF. Enjoy the waves, be them by water or air.

jaolson101

As David mentioned, a large portion of Carteret County uses 154.995 for Fire and EMS. If you refer to the Carteret County page in the database, you'll find the freqs for Atlantic Beach, Morehead City, and Emerald Isle. They currently have primary channels different from the County. Atlantic Beach does most of the EMS response for the CG situations as they come in, either by water or air, to Station Fort Macon at the East end of Atlantic Beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.