Mint Hill PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

wricharz

Noticed I don't hear any activity on the MHPD. Entered new frequencies from RR and while scanning Mint Hill I still hear nothing. Can hear DP1 if I put it on hold. My version is 1.060. They mentioned new banding on RR for Mint Hill. Haven't done anything with the scanner in about a year. Had to go back and read all my old notes, so relearning again. Have Butel, but lost it on old PC, as well as other scanner files. Also saw Uniden had a new version firmware loading utility BC.VUP.V2-0-7. I used the V2-06 to update a couple of years ago.
Any help with what I may need to do to receive MHPD appreciated.

trumpetman

Database Admin
Try and trouble shoot the basic stuff as much as possible. Download FreeScan and import the Mint Hill system into your scanner, if it still doesn't work, program the system manually. It's only 5 frequencies so it won't be that bad. If you still don't have any luck, just post back and we'll see what we can do to get you back on track.

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
I believe you need to upgrade to version 3.xxx firmware. Otherwise, you have no way to enter the rebanding tables for this Motorola type II system.

Looking at the system frequencies in the RR db, the one frequency that is most-likely to carry voice traffic on the system ends in .xxx0 (851.4750 MHz.). That means a table is required to receive this frequency.

The other four frequencies end in .xxx5, and have apparently been used as control frequencies, according to RR contributors.

Also, double-check that you are receiving the control channel. Place the scanner in scan mode on the system, and then hit hold. It should stop on the control channel if no one is talking on the talkgroups you are scanning.

Status
Not open for further replies.