Where did the Wilson City PD go???

Status
Not open for further replies.

kn4oo

Does any one know what frequencies the Wilson city police are using now??? It would seem the dispatch and patrols have wandered off into a "black" hole!!!

Thanks in advance

RMPDCOP

Database Admin
Here is a link to their new P25 system. It is said to be encrypted so may not be much luck monitoring.

City of Wilson Trunking System, Wilson, North Carolina - Scanner Frequencies

The City of Wilson no longer simulcasts Dispatch side of calls on 155.610. Since switching over to the new P25 System all Law Enforcement is Encrypted but Fire, EMS and Public Works are in the clear.
I have monitored some calls on the Law Enforcement in the clear but that was in the testing phase. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but at least they have a decent radio system now.

rjmcdowell

Premium Subscriber
I have been hearing Wilson PD on VIPER. Are they using both VIPER and their P25 system? I also hear Wilson County Sheriff on VHF. Are they going digital at some point?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I have been hearing Wilson PD on VIPER. Are they using both VIPER and their P25 system? I also hear Wilson County Sheriff on VHF. Are they going digital at some point?

I have put out some feelers to see if I can't figure out if they are simulcasting/multicasting some of their radio traffic on both their system and VIPER or what the deal is. Hopefully I will have an answer soon. :)
Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
The VIPER talkgroups are not encrypted. I think mutual aid is analog and the rest are digital.

Correct except even the Mutual Aid is digital now. I have updated the database to reflect this fact.
Marshall KE4ZNR

rjmcdowell

Premium Subscriber
Thank you! I hope we all get some clarification soon. This is really interesting. I have their P25 system programmed just in case some radio traffic gets through because I did get something a few months ago. I'm not sure who was transmitting because it was brief. I do hear a lot radio traffic on the VIPER system.

jsncrso

KN4ZVZ
Feed Provider
Dare County simulcasts their Sheriff and PD traffic from their P25 system to VIPER. It's patched in at the console level. So it's a very good chance Wilson does as well. Shame they are all encrypted though, Dare has law dispatch and OPS frequencies in the clear but leaves their TAC and admin talkgroups understandably encrypted.

N4RMT

Premium Subscriber
They are in fact on VIPER. TG 60320. Listening now. It must be simulcast because there is no unit number showing up when people transmit.

rjmcdowell

Premium Subscriber
While listening last night I heard the Wilson PD dispatcher on VIPER tell a unit to switch to PD Main on the Wilson City P25 TRS. So they are in fact using both VIPER (not encrypted) and Wilson City P25 TRS (encrypted) simultaneously.

Status
Not open for further replies.