BlackBerry Scanner : Durham Police and Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an app on my BB and was getting Durham Public Safety, but now they are on a different frequency/system. Does anyone know how to get them on the BB on their new one?

Wake and all others are still working, but I live in Durham, and would like to have that one back.

Thanks

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
All the feeds here on radioreference are provided by volunteers so unfortunately we little to no control over the availability of feeds. If the feed is no longer on radioreference and BBscanner than the feed was mostly terminated per the providers request or the feed was offline for several weeks.

If you are referring to what content is already on a feed than that would be something you need to ask the provider of that feed.

Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I have an app on my BB and was getting Durham Public Safety, but now they are on a different frequency/system. Does anyone know how to get them on the BB on their new one?

Durham has not changed systems or frequencies. They are on the same 800Mhz Motorola system they have been on for many years. My opinion is the same as Kendrik's: the feed provider must have changed programming in the scanner providing the feed. Contact the feed provider about trying to get the wanted agencies back into the feed :)
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

DougWare

Feed Provider
As the feed provider for Durham PD and SO, I can tell you they were never removed.

I was out of town and the power went out, so I had to power everything back up when I got back.

I can tell you I received some pretty rude comments in the "Report A Feed Problem" form over the past few days . This on top of the fact that I get several reports a week from people who don't know what they are doing or think I owe them something really make me want to re-evaluate the whole idea of providing a public feed.

Doug

KM4WLV

As the feed provider for Durham PD and SO, I can tell you they were never removed.

I was out of town and the power went out, so I had to power everything back up when I got back.

I can tell you I received some pretty rude comments in the "Report A Feed Problem" form over the past few days . This on top of the fact that I get several reports a week from people who don't know what they are doing or think I owe them something really make me want to re-evaluate the whole idea of providing a public feed.

Doug

Doug I'm sure I can speak for most of our regulars on here in saying we appreciate the feed/service you provide to us here at RR.com, but we also know that it only takes a few rude people to screw it up for the rest of us. Some people don't realize that people like you provide your own time/money/equipment to provide a service such as the feeds.

To those who gripe & complain : Knock it off, and if the service you receive from other members on here aren't up to your standards then maybe you should step up & provide that service if you think you can do it better. Otherwise, back off. Stepping down off my soapbox.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
As FD said, we really do appreciate the feed and i hope these few people have not caused you to terminate your feed. It personally irritates the hell out of me when someone submits rude comments to providers who dedicate their equipment, time, IS, and all the above to give us something great and enjoyably to listen to.

If you wouldn't mind shooting me an email with all the details from those reports i will gladly look into those and see what their problem is.

Personally i thank you for the feed and sincerely hope that the few who dont know how to polity ask something with making rude comments have not caused you to terminate the feed.

DougWare

Feed Provider
I really enjoy providing the feed, it lets me listen to Durham radio traffic while I am out of town or at work.

I'm not threatening to take it down, it's staying up...I'm just annoyed and frustrated with the comments people leave me.

Thanks for the support....

Doug

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
I really enjoy providing the feed, it lets me listen to Durham radio traffic while I am out of town or at work.

I'm not threatening to take it down, it's staying up...I'm just annoyed and frustrated with the comments people leave me.

Thanks for the support....

Doug

Thanks for not taking it down im sure everyone here really appreciates it. If you ever get rude comments, or anything else i can do for you please contact me and i will do all i can. Thanks again.

reconrider8

well as kendrik said i respect all you guys who throw up streams even tho i dont listen to them because you do throw your time and equipment into the system and those digital scanners arnt cheap

mthom50

Premium Subscriber
Hi Doug, Just another note of appreciation for your feed. I sent a trouble report not long ago when it went blank, but intended it as an FYI to help with any needed troubleshooting, and made sure to include a big thanks for your efforts - sorry to hear that some others were rude about it - keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.