New Live Feed for : Rowan County/Salisbury City

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM4WLV

To all my fellow NC forum members just wanted to let you know that I'm streaming a feed for the Rowan / Salisbury TRS now. Went live at 2230 this evening. Its not yet listed under the live feeds section in Rowan County, but it is under the new live feed tab.

Description is in the notes on the page for it. Let me know what you guys think.

@ kendrick - Thanks for all your help bud !!!!!

KM4WLV

No problem !!! Glad to provide it, and thanks for my new badge, lol !!! I've adjusted the volume (bumped it up a little bit). Let me know if it needs to go up or down & I'll adjust it accordingly.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Thanks Daniel!

Great to have a feed for your area :)

Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

KM4WLV

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.405 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

***UPDATE***
Guys if the feed should go down I apologize. I was admitted to the hospital shortly after I finished setting it up & didn't get around to chaning the hibernation settings on the PC. Hopefully I won't be in here to long just having some bad GI problems. @Kendrick - please make a note & I apologize if it causes a inconvnience. I'll let you guys know when I'm home. I'm sending this from my BlackBerry in my hosp room now.

Sorry again guys but thanks for understanding!!!

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.405 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

***UPDATE***
Guys if the feed should go down I apologize. I was admitted to the hospital shortly after I finished setting it up & didn't get around to chaning the hibernation settings on the PC. Hopefully I won't be in here to long just having some bad GI problems. @Kendrick - please make a note & I apologize if it causes a inconvnience. I'll let you guys know when I'm home. I'm sending this from my BlackBerry in my hosp room now.

No problem at all. Hope your ok and you get out very soon.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber

***UPDATE***

Daniel,
The main thing is for you to get better. The hobby will be here when
You get back. Just rest up & get better!
Please keep us updated on your situation!
Marshall KE4ZNR

KM4WLV

Thanks for the kind words guys. Looking to get to come home tomorrow (Wednesday). The feed may be down tomorrow evening for a while. Gonna move some radios & do a little antenna work but I'll post a note here & on the feed page too. Thanks again guys & I'll see ya'll soon !!

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin

Thanks for the kind words guys. Looking to get to come home tomorrow (Wednesday). The feed may be down tomorrow evening for a while. Gonna move some radios & do a little antenna work but I'll post a note here & on the feed page too. Thanks again guys & I'll see ya'll soon !!

Glad to hear your coming home. Hope everything ok with you. In meantime try and get some rest...thats prob little hard being in hosp and having someone come in every 30min:)

Last edited:

KM4WLV

Just wanted to let everyone know that the feed will be down from 1800 until about 2000 hrs tonight for computer / shack maintenance. I'll post when I've got it back up.

Thanks guys !!!

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Just wanted to let everyone know that the feed will be down from 1800 until about 2000 hrs tonight for computer / shack maintenance. I'll post when I've got it back up.

Thanks guys !!!

I approve as long as you are not overdoing yourself. :)

Make sure your health is your first priority!

Marshall KE4ZNR

KM4WLV

Equipment Issues

Guys just to let you know I'm having feed issues and Im not sure if its a radio problem or a computer problem. I'm leaning more torwards radio because I've hooked the feed to my backup scanner & its working fine. The feed is broadcasting the following :

Rowan County Fire Dispatch - 154.2500
Rowan EMS/Rescue Dispatch - 155.7150
SHP Troop E District 3 & 6 Disp - 42.9400
Kannapolis Fire Dispatch - 154.4300

I'm working on a solution to get the 800 side backup & running. Please bear with me. Thanks guys !!!!!

KM4WLV

I've had a couple notes from members & a couple messages on BlackBerry letting me know my feed is down. Just wanted to let everyone know that I am aware of it & I'm the one who took it down. The BCT-8 I'm using for the feed is on its last legs I fear.

I'll be working on some troubleshooting after dinner tonight and hope to have it back up tomorrow. If I have no sucess with the BCT-8 I'll move the feed over to my conventional stuff until I find a more permanent solution for a trunked feed.

But a thank you to all those who let me know it was down. And no one was rude about it !!

BTW, I appreciate all the well wishes from everyone this past week. I'm feeling much better and have found a doctor that actually has figured out what is going on. Thanks again guys !!!!

KM4WLV

Is this feed still up?

Chad, kendrick is correct. I was the one hosting the feed but my Sony Vaio laptop I was using to host the feed crashed and I couldn't tie up my other one all the time.

I'm looking and trying to find an old desktop, or laptop that I can leave on the desk and dedicate to hosting a feed. I know that quite a few people were enjoying the feed and I hate that I had to pull it.

I'll throw up a post when I can get another up & running. If I do it will probably only be a regular scanner monitoring the VHF dispatch stuff for Rowan & Cabarrus County, and Kannapolis City (Cabarrus Co) Fire & EMS. Don't have the money to put towards a new trunking scanner and computer right now due to the economy.

Thanks for asking about the feed though. Let's me know you guys are still interested !!

CFP387

Let's me know you guys are still interested !!

Definitely still interested! I read through almost all of these posts above this morning before I realized that: number one, I had seen this topic before and, number two, the original post was over five months old. :)

I was thinking that a new feed had been established, but maybe Daniel can get it back up and running soon. But really if he can't we all understand. Who isn't suffering in this economy?

KM4WLV

Definitely still interested! I read through almost all of these posts above this morning before I realized that: number one, I had seen this topic before and, number two, the original post was over five months old. :)

I was thinking that a new feed had been established, but maybe Daniel can get it back up and running soon. But really if he can't we all understand. Who isn't suffering in this economy?

Thanks for the kind words Shannon. I appreciate it. I'm working on a solution and may have a resolution by next week. We shall see.

@ Shannon - On a side note how is that glass mount working out for ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.