Union County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loverickbass

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if the county is simulcasting on digital? I know EMS just got digital radios. I was wondering if I need to go ahead and purchase a digital scanner.

Cole

trumpetman

Database Admin
Union County is using in fact using digital for primary operations now which means you'll need a digital scanner. I think fire is still simulcasting on VHF but I can't speak for the law enforcement side of things. Go a page or so back on the forums and look for another Union County thread, that should have most of the details on there.

I'm still working on getting my hands on a radio out there to run Pro96Com with, so hopefully we'll have all the talkgroups figured out soon.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
I would say yes! Get a digital scanner

I listen to them all the time on my digital scanner.

If I am correct they simulcast vhf county fire 2, 3, and 4 across the 800 digital bravo, charlie & delta talkgroups.

I am not sure if Monroe fire has switched over yet or not. I know they have a talkgroup on the analog Char/Meck system. I have heard them there before.

Hope this helps

David

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
I was just curious the other day and started playing with my JT-1000 and my BCD-396 Digital Scanner.

Well to see if I was right. I programmed Union Fire I 154.220 Mhz. It came up as being patched to the digital side.

Union Co. Fire II 154.085 Mhz into the JT-1000 and keyed up and got a reading on my Digital scanner for Bravo talkgroup.

Same was true for County Fire III 154.415 Mhz Came up on the scanner as Charlie talkgroup.

Same was true for State fire 154.280 Mhz Came up on the scanner as delta talkgroup.

Union Ems 155.400 Mhz. Comes up on the scanner as being patched as well.

Most of the talkgroups are active on the digital side.

Like I said, I have never heard Monroe Fire or the two (2) landing zone talkgroups.

I know they keep adding talkgoups all the time.

I heard several fire units last Saturday come across Union Fire advising C-Comm they were enroute to Monroe mall for training and they would be using training 1 for communications.

The P-25 system seems to be great. You can hear fire units check enroute and give a size-up and following what is going on unlike before all you heard was C-Comm acknowledge.

I wish they would have just piggybacked off the old Char/Meck system, so I could listen to them on my old reliable Pro-97 along with Mecklenburg and Gaston.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.