Monitoring the 2010 NC State Fair

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I know everyone is gearing up to eat as many fried foods as possible so here is your "Monitoring the 2010 NC State Fair" thread. :)
I will update this thread as the days progress and as more verified monitoring catches are found.
Any additions or corrections are appreciated and can be sent to
KE4ZNR@radioreference.com. :)
Have a Safe and fun time out at the Fair!

2010 NC State Fair
NC State Fair Website

Majority of NC State Fair Communications will take place on the State of NC VIPER system.
Wake Counties part of VIPER operates in a Simulcast Mode which means all you should need to do is enter the 2 Control Channels of 868.7875Mhz & 868.5625Mhz in Control Channel only mode on any recent scanner to be able to monitor communications.
The talkgroups that are being used are analog so any recent Trunktracking scanner should be able to monitor the following:

• Bravo1 TGID 912= Law Enforcement (Raleigh PD, Wake Sheriff & Fairgrounds Public Safety)
  • Bravo2 TGID 944= EMS/Fire Branches
  • Bravo3 TGID 976= NCSHP Command Post (CP) & Traffic Direction
  • Bravo4 TGID 1008= Special Events

NEW This year! Monitor the above 4 Talkgroups here at Radioreference.com!

NCSHP will also be using The analog SHP Troop C "Common 1" and "Common 2" t
alkgroups for unit to unit tactical chatter. Those talkgroups:
  • 2288= Troop C Common 1
  • 2320= Troop C Common 2

Fairgrounds Public Safety should also be active on their
digital talkgroup of 32.

To help you understand Comms between the NCSHP Command Post "CP" and the NCSHP Traffic Direction "Posts" you will find a adobe acrobat pdf
file showing all post locations below:
Link to pdf file showing NCSHP traffic direction posts

Of course you probably want to keep an ear out on the Family Radio Service/GMRS Frequencies (they are always busy):
FRS.JPG

And of course you will probably find the MURS Frequencies busy as well:
MURS.JPG

And if you are lucky enough to be around the Fairgrounds while an event is going on at the RBC Center you might hear some of their radio traffic on these frequencies:
RBCCenterFreqs.JPG

As always, see something I have left out or know of a correction that needs to be made to the above list?
Feel free to email me KE4ZNR@radioreference.com and let me know!

Enjoy the Fair and Happy Monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR
KE4ZNR@radioreference.com

Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
A shot of the Uniden Home Patrol monitoring activity
out at the 2010 NC State Fair.
Marshall KE4ZNR

5085478334_19e3f7374c_z.jpg

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
That Home Patrol is pretty sweet !!! I'm gonna PM or email ya sometime this coming week & see if we can't get another date together to hang out.

I will have it at the Tarheel Scanner/Shortwave Radio Club meeting Monday Night.
We meet at the Red, Hot & Blue Restaurant on Falls of Neuse Rd in Northeast Raleigh.
6:30pm for dinner and 7:30pm for meeting. I will be giving a presentation on monitoring the NC State Fair and we also have some people who will weigh in on
how they like the Home Patrol so far :)

Drive on' up to the meeting Daniel. Heck, I drove down to Charlotte for a meeting down there one night and back.

Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Last weekend of the Fair for the year and the radio traffic is staying busy! :cool:

Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.