Union Country FREQ.'s Needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTFAudio

Hello All,

I need the radio FREQ.'s for the Union County Fire, EMS, Police. Also, for the Matthews / Charlotte areas as well.

Thanks

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
Awesome, Exactly what I needed!

Not completely.

Matthews / Mecklenberg County is actually operating on a Motorola trunked system. A few of the conventional channels you were referred to will yield simulcasts of trunked dispatch talkgroups. Beyond that, you will need to monitor the trunked system.

Union County is now using a digital extension of the Mecklenberg County trunked system. There is still alot of simulcasting on the conventional channels, but there are likely some talkgroups that do not have a corresponding conventional channel.

If your interest is a state agency, you may find them using the statewide Viper trunked system. The Monroe / Union County site is the closest to the Matthews area.

Charlotte / Mecklenburg County (Motorola) Trunking System, Charlotte, North Carolina - Scanner Frequencies ... Mecklenberg County Analog TRS

Charlotte / Mecklenburg County (Project 25) Trunking System, Charlotte, North Carolina - Scanner Frequencies ... scroll down for Union County P25 TRS

Voice Interoperability Plan for Emergency Responders (VIPER) Trunking System, Various, North Carolina - Scanner Frequencies ... Viper statewide TRS

DTFAudio

Not completely.

Matthews / Mecklenberg County is actually operating on a Motorola trunked system. A few of the conventional channels you were referred to will yield simulcasts of trunked dispatch talkgroups. Beyond that, you will need to monitor the trunked system.

Union County is now using a digital extension of the Mecklenberg County trunked system. There is still alot of simulcasting on the conventional channels, but there are likely some talkgroups that do not have a corresponding conventional channel.

If your interest is a state agency, you may find them using the statewide Viper trunked system. The Monroe / Union County site is the closest to the Matthews area.

Charlotte / Mecklenburg County (Motorola) Trunking System, Charlotte, North Carolina - Scanner Frequencies ... Mecklenberg County Analog TRS

Charlotte / Mecklenburg County (Project 25) Trunking System, Charlotte, North Carolina - Scanner Frequencies ... scroll down for Union County P25 TRS

Voice Interoperability Plan for Emergency Responders (VIPER) Trunking System, Various, North Carolina - Scanner Frequencies ... Viper statewide TRS

Ok, So bassically Im going to need a Trunking scanner to work with most of my local area PD / EMS / Fire? Right now I only have a BC350A, So I guess I'll start looking into a Pro-91 for trunking.

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
For Matthews and Mecklenberg County ... yes to needing a digital trunking scanner. The system is poised to go digital.

Union Co is simulcasting, and likely will be doing so until agencies have enough 800 radios.

A Pro 91 cannot do digital. I would not suggest any scanner that cannot do P25 digital.

DTFAudio

For Matthews and Mecklenberg County ... yes to needing a digital trunking scanner. The system is poised to go digital.

Union Co is simulcasting, and likely will be doing so until agencies have enough 800 radios.

A Pro 91 cannot do digital. I would not suggest any scanner that cannot do P25 digital.

Ok, Thanks for the help. I ended up picking up a Pro-91 in great shape for $45. It won't bother me having some extra scanners laying around.

DTFAudio

Hey Guys, Just a quick question. I installed my scanners last night, and Im ready to program them with the FREQ's. My question is, when looking at the database how do I know which Counties are Digital / Trunking / Analog or on the VIPER System?

Thanks

ts548

Hey Guys, Just a quick question. I installed my scanners last night, and Im ready to program them with the FREQ's. My question is, when looking at the database how do I know which Counties are Digital / Trunking / Analog or on the VIPER System?

Thanks

If its on VIPER it will say its on VIPER. You'll see a section for Mode, A = Analog, D = Digital, E = Encrypted.

trumpetman

Database Admin
That's been my little project recently, I'm suddenly getting better reception of the Union Simulcast.

45500 - UCSO 2 - County Wide Ops
45537 - Refered to as Events, could be 1-16
45596 - UCSO 1 - Dispatch
45597 - Monroe Police Dispatch (no RIDs showing...could be a patch to conv still?)
45641 - UCSO Detention Center Ops

Note: I submitted these yesterday, so no need to resubmit from anyone else.

Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
That's been my little project recently, I'm suddenly getting better reception of the Union Simulcast.

45500 - UCSO 2 - County Wide Ops
45537 - Refered to as Events, could be 1-16
45596 - UCSO 1 - Dispatch
45597 - Monroe Police Dispatch (no RIDs showing...could be a patch to conv still?)
45641 - UCSO Detention Center Ops

Note: I submitted these yesterday, so no need to resubmit from anyone else.

Looks like some status bit action going on there due to patching :cool:
Either Status bit on or off I can figure out the base TGID.
Marshall KE4ZNR

trumpetman

Database Admin
Marshall,

This is a true blue P25 system, I'm not sure if status bit is necessary... IIRC Motorola 9600 baud TGs can be any integer from 1 to around 65,000.

Also, add 45624 to the list as a fire training channel (1 - 16)... there was just a mock dispatch for a structure fire for station 12. Should be some good listening for anyone curious of how P25 holds up on the fireground.

trumpetman

Database Admin
Those were 2 chiefs talking on an iCall, or whatever the heck Motorola calls it. It's like a phone call, only radio to radio. The "SRC" flashing besides it (provided you have a Uniden scanner) is the source of the call, and "DST" is the destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.