WInston Salem / Forsyth County

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTMax

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone had trouble receiving Winston Salem and Forsyth County today? I am hearing nothing on the 396T.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
They have gone through the 800mhz rebanding. The new CC are 853.6750 & 853.5625. You need to also make sure you enter the custom tables.

JTMax

Premium Subscriber
Winston Salem Rebanding

They have gone through the 800mhz rebanding. The new CC are 853.6750 & 853.5625. You need to also make sure you enter the custom tables.

I take it that the database has not been updated to reflect this. Could you provide the required info for the update?

Thanks

SCPD

QRT
Thanks Joe for asking this. I have a new Homepatrol and have been going crazy all day thinking it was the radio. Had worked fine until this morning. Hope an update comes soon.
Denis
Pfafftown, NC (WS)

radionut44

Premium Subscriber
If HP gives you a way to manually enter control channels the new ones for Winston Salem/Forsyth are 853.675, 853.5625, 853.200, 853.275. Don't know if you need to and can put in the new table as talked about in the rebanding Sticky forum. RR database had over 300 updates in queue yesterday when I submitted some TG changes.
Ron

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Thanks Joe for asking this. I have a new Homepatrol and have been going crazy all day thinking it was the radio. Had worked fine until this morning. Hope an update comes soon.
Denis
Pfafftown, NC (WS)

Hey Denis,
I went ahead and updated the W/S database listing with the info out there that is out there so far. Once Paul over at Uniden does another full database pull in a couple of days then the new system info will overwrite the old no longer valid info in the HPDB.
Everything should be valid but yall let me know if you see anything really wacky or out of place.
Thanks for your patience and thanks to those who submitted updated info!
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

SCPD

QRT
Thanks Marshall! I have never been able to completely understand these trunking systems. If it wasn't for the computer and the internet I would be completely lost. I have owned 3 digital scanners and always programmed them with software. Of course the Homepatrol is my latest toy and I really like it. I have sold my other digital scanners and went without until the HP came out. I do understand radios though. I see you are a ham. We have probably talked at one time or another. My callsign is KD4RFZ.
73, Denis

ggarland

Also, remember to check the database for changes to the Kernersville PD system if you monitor them as their control channels have changed and are different then the WS/FC system.

Customhvac

BCT 15 & Forsyth County

I recently moved to Forsyth & I was hoping to program everything I need for the Clemmons, NC area.
I read a little about it possibly being digital? I also heard about maybe needing the scanner re-banded?

I have the Bearcat BCT-15 & use Arc-15 software (if anyone out there also uses arc-15, and wouldn't mind - I would LOVE to be sent the arc file)

thanks for ANY & all help!!

KM4WLV

I recently moved to Forsyth & I was hoping to program everything I need for the Clemmons, NC area.
I read a little about it possibly being digital? I also heard about maybe needing the scanner re-banded?

I have the Bearcat BCT-15 & use Arc-15 software (if anyone out there also uses arc-15, and wouldn't mind - I would LOVE to be sent the arc file)

thanks for ANY & all help!!

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but you're not gonna get much out of Forsyth County / Winston Salem with the 15. You're gonna need to upgrade to a digital unit. Something along the lines of a 996, Radio Shack Pro-106, etc.

Customhvac

FD5722:
Thanks for the heads up on Forsyth County / Winston Salem needing a digital scanner. I was told a while back it's NOT worth getting a digital scanner, because once it's digital it's very easy to encrypt / scramble (not sure of terminology), & thus you can't hear anything important anyway. Not sure how accurate that is, but I'd hate to find out after spending $500 to only hear meter maids & garbage trucks.

I really like the BCT-15 in my truck (I may have to move again!)

Status
Not open for further replies.