Wayne County System Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4ASJ

Premium Subscriber
for those of you that are wondering about the status of the wayne county system, here's an update. the radios are being installed in all of the vehicles at this time and they should all be in by the 16th. all of the telecommunicators are training on the new console at this time. so the system should be online late december to early january if everything goes as planned

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
Sorry,

I don't understand why waste tax payer money. It don't make sense?

The Viper System is already there.

All the agencies need to do is buy the radios.

I mean the state maintains the Viper System on a 24/7/365 schedule, where as Wayne County will have to pay for maintanence and upkeep and may take days for there system to be repaired.

Oh well time will tell if they have problems with there system like Brunswick County does.

Just my thoughts,

David

ts548

Sorry,

I don't understand why waste tax payer money. It don't make sense?

The Viper System is already there.

All the agencies need to do is buy the radios.

I mean the state maintains the Viper System on a 24/7/365 schedule, where as Wayne County will have to pay for maintanence and upkeep and may take days for there system to be repaired.

Oh well time will tell if they have problems with there system like Brunswick County does.

Just my thoughts,

David

My guess would be that the system manager wants to actually manage the system. As stated in the VIPER thread VIPER was never meant to host every radio system in every county in the state.

K4ASJ

Premium Subscriber
I agree with ya'll. the county got ripped off on this system and i personally think this thing will be a failure

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I agree with ya'll. the county got ripped off on this system and i personally think this thing will be a failure

I think it is very premature to speculate on how the system
will do. Let's give it a chance to succeed. :)
As long as the system provides safe and reliable comms for
our Public Safety personnel and the other system users that is all that matters in the long run.
Marshall KE4ZNR

bobilly214

Some counties and cities want to have all their radios on the same system. Police cars, Fire Trucks, Garbage Trucks, Street Divisions, and so on. Viper has restrictions on what type of agency can use the system.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Dammit. Guess I will need to bite the bullet and buy a digital scanner then.

With the majority of NC Public Safety going to (or already operating on) some form of digital comms you were gonna have to buy one eventually anyway :)

Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.