Carteret County Consolidated 911 Center in Jan 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carteret County is going operational in Jan 2011 with a Countywide Consolidated 911 Center......this will include the long time previously self dispatched towns of Atlantic Beach, Morehead City and Emerald Isle....

all unincorporated areas of Carteret County and the 8 other incorporated townships are already dispatched thru Carteret County 911....and will reamin so.....

it will be interesting to see if there are frequency changes taking place, especially with the 'big three' towns dropping there own dispatch services....

perhaps the migration to vipir is not far away.....

Barefootdipole

vdubb16

The entire county is going to fall off the air. All the issues and ripping off that we've already gone through with the narrowbanding. i wont be suprised if were talking simplex when the switchcomes Absolute foolish not to already be rigged and on the viper wave already.

I dont see the county or agencies/departments willing to drop many thousands of MORE dollars to buy radios we should have gotten in the first place to use on viper. along with everything else. Back in PA we went from operating low band to viper. transition was fairly smooth. and the mountain area had no issues. I pick up the repeater local to my old house from over 50 miles away. well over an hours drive. with the antenna just laying in my trunk That was in the mountains, the closest thing to a mounty in carteret is an ant hill. And the common excuse that 800 wont penetrate into buildings....thats an issue already solved...

we've already been on calls where we COULDNT talk interior to exterior mobile to portable or portable to mobile, through repeater and or naked on talk around with the new kenwood narrowband able radios. Id like to make sure we got the radios that we payed for and not low watt mobiles missing a letter off the model # along with 45 watts.

Someone had their BS right to make their profits,
Who will service equipment when its sold by someone whos not an authorized dealer.

whats that that im always hearing about your radios only as good as the antenna connected to it...
"nah who needs it"

alot of loose end to the whole situation IMO. I guess we'll see. i think its sad i can hear my 4 watt 1978 citizens band radio with an antenna at 70ft ALMOST as far away as i can hear county dispatch on my 2meter mobile radio while in my car. well thats the end of my rant for now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.