Wow, both Wilson and Tarboro are now encrypted

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMPDCOP

Database Admin
Only the Law Enforcement side of both agencies are encrypted. Fire and City Services are still in the clear. Although you can catch the Dispatch side in Wilson. About Rocky Mount I would not go that far. It may not be the best place in the world but not the worst. You have hurt my feelings. ( Ha Ha).:lol:

Last edited:

yardbird

Like I said before in another post.

The honest man has to pay for the criminals, idiots, thrill seekers, and ambulance chasers.

I think it is BS that everything is so secretive that it has to be encypted.

Sure I can see vice and undercover operations being encrypted.

But give me a break regular routine patrols.

Next thing everything will be encrypted and scanners will be useless.

They are just about making it that way with digital scanners.

David

Viper652

Moderated
I cant believe a small town like Tarboro is encrypted. Hell, its shocking that a small town like that uses a trunked system, and has been since the early 90s. As long as Rocky Mount has.

murrayustud

KI4DCR
Premium Subscriber
I'm actually surprised that most of Wake County isn't already encrypted. I agree, I can see detectives, special ops, etc, but routine stuff? I guess the news crews won't have much to report on in those areas...

NCFire11

Only the Law Enforcement side of both agencies are encrypted. Fire and City Services are still in the clear. Although you can catch the Dispatch side in Wilson. About Rocky Mount I would not go that far. It may not be the best place in the world but not the worst. You have hurt my feelings. ( Ha Ha).:lol:

Ahh whenever I go there its nothing to see at least someone being picked up by a Rocky Mount car(maybe you? :)). Golden East Crossing is rough, and maybe the East/Edgecombe side of RM is worse than the Nash side. I live about 5 miles from Nashville myself in the great city of Castalia.

Viper652

Moderated
Rocky Mount is a hell hole and I live here, lol. So that isnt earth shattering news.

It has the worst unemployment and highest crime in the state. This place use to be a nice area a LONGGGG time ago

Viper652

Moderated
Rocky Mount is a hell hole and I live here, lol. So that isnt earth shattering news.

It has the worst unemployment and highest crime in the state. This place use to be a nice area a LONGGGG time ago

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I'm actually surprised that most of Wake County isn't already encrypted. I agree, I can see detectives, special ops, etc, but routine stuff? I guess the news crews won't have much to report on in those areas...

No need...the agencies that operate in Wake County that need encrypted comms have it already. RPD has a few encrypted TGs as well as other agencies...heck, Garner PD has the ability to encrypt any of their TGs and Wake EMS has one Admin TG strapped with full time encryption.
Most comms still take place unencrypted.
Thankfully those in charge in Wake County have wisely decided how to handle sensitive and non-sensitive (day to day) comms.
Marshall KE4ZNR

SCPD

QRT
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-M900 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Encrypted? It must by Lindsay's fault!

Viper652

Moderated
LOL, Rocky Mount makes Roanoke Rapids look like Hawaii. Look at the huge difference in demographics. Roanoke Rapids is mostly white. Rocky Mount is mostly black.

The crime rate in Rocky Mount is insane

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Droid: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; Droid Build/FRG22D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Allright guys let's get the topic back on Comms please.
Thanks
Marshall KE4ZNR

nate1992

Im pretty sure that they are only allowed to encrypt stuff that is important to officer safety & the security of a on going investigation, Other then that its all covered under the freedoms of information act which is what makes this site possible, & y they sell scanners ( who knows how much longer that act will be around the way things are going ) but until its gone wright to your city officials, leaders, congressman ( haha ) & tell them that you should be able to here things that is not compromissing to those things, if you get enough agreeing people they have to change this is america & we run the government! ( Some idiots are making that less & less true though ) & whats the worst that would come from it they would say no.... or yes but in all reality you should when the argument if you do your research on the issue

jthorpe

Nate, I'm having a bit of a hard time following your post but the gist of mine is that we can encrypt anything we want when it comes to communications on VIPER or any other system. Most dispatch comms are not encrypted because of cost. Encryption boards aren't cheap so few have it except for the ones that need it. Either way, any agency if they have the money are free to encrypt all the traffic they want.

If you want to hear stuff from their communications, it's all taped. File a FOIA request with the agency if you want a copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.