Blizzard of 2011 Monitoring Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Please keep all Winter Storm monitoring info in this thread.
Let us know what you are hearing and where you are hearing it :)
Stay safe and stay off the roads!!!!!!!!!:cool:
Marshall KE4ZNR

Last edited:

ts548

Not sure I would call this a blizzard just yet. This is no where near the amount I had at this time last year. :)

NYRHKY94

Do you guys want any reports from up here in New England tonight during the "real" blizzard :wink:

Just poking a little fun,

Mike
"Future" North Carolinian

bonus1331

Thought I left Charlotte to get out of the snow way down here in Atlanta;-)
Low and behold, 2 inches on the South side.

G

gilli

Heavy snow right now, about 3 in. on the ground in salisbury md.

GB1952

Premium Subscriber
Fayetteville and cumberland co for record get about 3in of snow a year,we just got about 6 to 7in here in cumberland co so much for 3in this year.

richardbritt

Database Admin
Nc dot

All the DOT traffic in the Chowan County area (Gates, Perquimmans, Eliz City etc) is on low band. No traffic from DOT heard on VIPER. Mostly US Route 17 and NC 32 is being cleared locally. Back roads are basically impassable (unless you want to go 5 mph on all ice covered roads and go around trucks that went sideways in ditches).

Richard in Tyner

ts548

14" so far here in the western part of the state. Falling at about 2" an hour

yardbird

Right now I would say here in Concord we have about 5" to 7" on the ground right now.

Good thing is I get to sit right here and watch it, because my boss allowed me to have a couple of vacation days.

Everything has been for the most pretty quite here, because with it hitting in the early morning hours every business and school had ample time to call off activities.

Sure there have been your usual EMS calls, and Fire Alarm activations, but that is basically the norm.

Everything being dispatched is routine response and usually the fire alarm activations have been sized down to a single apparatus response.

Radio traffic has been quite as well, with the exception for the City of Kannapolis Fire Department. There Chief has to let there communications know everytime they make a move. The fire units have to advise dispatch when they are on the scene, at the patient for a medical, when EMS arrives on scene, and assignment complete.

By far Kannapolis Fire ties up the radio system more than anybody does here in Cabarrus. All of it is useless bull that could be done via cell phone or Nextel.

David

Last edited:

nitroboie

Not a whole lot in Mecklenburg today, but things will be picking up shortly with the PM rush-hour on top of the freezing rain that's about to start.

I'm monitoring SHP (Troop H-5, E-6), CB-19, and switched VIPER on open.

Status
Not open for further replies.