LTR Stander

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE0SKN

KE0SKN - Member
Premium Subscriber
Does any one have a complete list of LTRS for the WeaverVille and Ashville area. Trying to monitor Private public safety Companies. Like Security-Ambulance-Ect. Thanks. E-mail them to kc0vgj@gmail.com
Like I did with the person that gave my LTRS list for Missouri, I will not publish them. Thank you.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Does any one have a complete list of LTRS for the WeaverVille and Ashville area. Trying to monitor Private public safety Companies. Like Security-Ambulance-Ect. Thanks. E-mail them to kc0vgj@gmail.com
Like I did with the person that gave my LTRS list for Missouri, I will not publish them. Thank you.

Ok I will bite...
Why not publish them? Instead of having someone email you how about we work on getting the info added to the database so that everyone can benefit from the radio info. That way others in your area won't have to ask in the future. Folks: Instead of emailing the original poster hit the submit button at the top of the page and submit the info and we will add it to the database...you don't even have to be noted as having submitted the info...anonymous if you wish.
One of my goals this year is to make sure as much info makes it into the database as possible. No holding any info back. As long as the info fits the RR.com guidelines it is going in.
Marshall KE4ZNR

KE0SKN

KE0SKN - Member
Premium Subscriber
Well some of the information I get are from the owners of the tower or system. Most of them don't want there information of there system posted were everyone can see. I have ask in the past on RR for LTR system and when they ask me not to publish there information, I will respect there wishes. When I say I won't do something I won't. My word is my bond... Its nothing against R.R. but the respect of the owner's wishes. Any system I do get by my self I always Publish to R.R.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Well some of the information I get are from the owners of the tower or system. Most of them don't want there information of there system posted were everyone can see. I have ask in the past on RR for LTR system and when they ask me not to publish there information, I will respect there wishes. When I say I won't do something I won't. My word is my bond... Its nothing against R.R. but the respect of the owner's wishes. Any system I do get by my self I always Publish to R.R.

Just seems completely opposite of what RR.com is about and stands for that is all.

And if the "system owners" don't want their info published then perhaps they should consider a type of communications system that can't be monitored.

Marshall KE4ZNR

trumpetman

Database Admin
Just seems completely opposite of what RR.com is about and stands for that is all.

And if the "system owners" don't want their info published then perhaps they should consider a type of communications system that can't be monitored.

Marshall KE4ZNR

They already have Marshall, last time I spoke to the gentleman at Asheville Communications, he said most of their business had migrated to the PassPort system on Spivey Mtn.

I've got some info that I'm still working on confirming, I'll email to you my listing that I've got so far so you can help figure out the rest. What I've got so far that's worth mentioning I'll submit to the database the next few days. Send me an email or PM and I'll get back to you with what I've got.

The LTR Logger program I found a while back works like a champ and I've got a lot figured out...just got a little more left though.

Drafin

My word is my bond... Its nothing against R.R. but the respect of the owner's wishes.

Can this information not be found in the FCC database? If so then the secret squirrel information hording is unfounded. If it can't be garnered from the FCC database then are they operating legally?

Draf

KE0SKN

KE0SKN - Member
Premium Subscriber
you can find the frequencies on the FCC database that is true. But the system information is not.

KE0SKN

KE0SKN - Member
Premium Subscriber
the point is ... I they don't want it posted I will not.
If I find the order, information, ect. by my self then I will post it on the site.

Drafin

you can find the frequencies on the FCC database that is true. But the system information is not.

So you mean like talkgroups and such are what's not available to the public through the FCC?

Unless something is encrypted is it is free for anyone to monitor. Talkgroups would be as simple as adding a wildcard and listening to determine what they were. I guess I don't understand what kind of secret information you are seeking that couldn't be passed on or found on your own.

Draf

KE0SKN

KE0SKN - Member
Premium Subscriber
this is what I can't find:
LTR Frequencies Channel Order example (151.880 Ch.2, 151.820 Ch.4)
I don't have a radio that can put them in order for you you. That and I
Don't know what passport or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.