Fast Food Frequency's in Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.

scan905

I have Googled, Binged, and Dogpiled so go easy on me, they are not accurate and not up to date.
Does anybody know the deal with Drive-Thru frequency's are and what the MHz of them are?
Thanks
73s

reconrider8

well best way i can tell you to get the latest is to go and park in the parking lot and try and find them ie close call or signal stalker

kd8x

I am failing to see the attractiveness of monitoring McDonalds or Wendy's drive thru windows. Am I missing something here? I find public service monitoring quite sufficient for my curiosity. But what do I know?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I am failing to see the attractiveness of monitoring McDonalds or Wendy's drive thru windows. Am I missing something here? I find public service monitoring quite sufficient for my curiosity. But what do I know?

To each their own :)

And that is what makes our hobby so great: so many different things to monitor from "DC to Daylight".

I started around 7-8 yrs old tuning across the AM Broadcast band on an old woodgrain 1970s stereo reciever my parents gave me.

We all started somewhere :cool:

Marshall KE4ZNR

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Some fast food restaurants are using MURS "well or LPRS" i think just like walmart, i usually pick up mcdonalds on Murs 4 or 5 and Taco bell some a non MURS frequency "am i saying this right"?

Drafin

I used to wonder the same thing. I realized though that a LOT of people listen to them as is evident by the number of questions that pop up just on this site asking about it.

So about 7 years ago I started plugging in business freqs in my scanner and just like monitoring public safety, it is boring as heck for hours on end until that one exciting or funny thing happens. The difference in monitoring public safety is that most of them know people are out there listening so it is more likely for something exciting to happen than something funny. On business (including fast food) they don't normally know that anyone can hear them so it's more likely to hear something funny than exciting.

But as Marshall alluded to, just about anything that can be monitored has it's merits and niche listening audience. I listen to a little bit of everything from Mil Air to MacDonald's and everything in between and normally can find something on the scanner that interest me. Unlike the hundreds of channels of television that I have at my disposal. :)

Draf

Status
Not open for further replies.