Carteret County Emergency Repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carteret County is operating what they have termed their "EMERGENCY REPEATER" on 153.995

In the midst of a messy and time delayed Consolidated 911 transition and various radio and tower site issues, they have had many problems with their regular repeaters and have been using this Emergency Repeater as their PRIMARY at times...especially for EMS/FIRE......

it will remain as a backup repeater when the dust settles....

Barefootdipole

vdubb16

paging for fire/ems has almost returned to normal on Fire 1. however we still have to communicate back to them on emergency repeater. which is also being used by the county sherriff, and some local pd's also i think.

At one point davis repeater was to be used as the operating repeater for down east area fire/ems, during this fiasco. i dunno if thats still the way it is.

maybe one day we will have a network again. Marine fisheries and SHP isnt having any issues with 800. ;)

Marine fisheries and SHP isnt having any issues with 800. ;)

roger that.....and last nite after midnight carteret SO was using VIPER .....broadcast a BOLO on all SO repeaters including VIPER and then was dispatching and talking to SO deputies cars on VIPER ! and it sounded damn good....

OMG---i used the "V" word outside the "V" thread...OH Noooooooooooooo !!!!!!

Barefootdipole

Status
Not open for further replies.