Monitored Troop G6 on VIPER

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8IAA

Took a trip up to Harrah's Saturday. Put the Macon, Cowee Bald VIPER site in the 396XT. Nothing on the way up, but got some activity on the way home. Monitored TGID 3344 and TGID 51104. ID'd 3344, but, can't ID 51104. Any help on that one?
TIA,
Larry

trumpetman

Database Admin
G6 has been on VIPER for a long time now, I believe they were the first in Troop G too.

51104 is MAMA Dispatch. MAMA 2 is based out of Angel Medical Center in Franklin and that's their primary dispatch. MAMA 1 is still primarily using VHF around Asheville unless they're a long way from home. I've been meaning to submit that as well.

MAMA = Mountain Area Medical Airlift in case you don't know.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I went ahead and added MAMA to the database.
I could have sworn it was already in there...anyway, it is there now.
Marshall KE4ZNR

N8IAA

Thanks, Chris. It is the first time hearing the NCSHP on VIPER. They were doing checks on road conditions in the area. Usually, the 42MHz freqs are what I monitor. Thanks for the MAMA id. It sounded like aircraft/helo ops. Was just outside of Franklin when I copied them. Never would have caught them using the 106.
Thanks all,
Larry

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
It is the first time hearing the NCSHP on VIPER.
Thanks all,
Larry

this always catches me off guard. Of course here in Wake County NCSHP has been on VIPER for what seems like eternity. :)
It is easy to forget that VIPER is still somewhat in its infancy in the Western part of
the state.
I have grown so accustomed to having a scanner just zipping through the SHP VIPER TGs that it is weird to go back and listen to lowband VHF. :cool:
Anyway Larry good to hear you are able to put all of your radios to good use :D
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.