Brush fire season in WNC

Status
Not open for further replies.

nate1992

Well this week has kicked off the spring brush fire season early, with warmer weather & mild to high winds Fire crews have responded to several brush fires in WNC 4 or 5 in Buncombe county a lone, & with no forecast for rain there is shore to be more in the next coming days. NWS has issued red flag warnings for most the area & i expect will continue to do so the next week, With all this said its sure to make for some interesting listening

*** Please check the weather conditions, & with your local FD for information on safe burning & for weather its a burn day or not, Wild fires destroy more property then any other natural disaster, The sad part is most of it we can avoid ****

BE LIKE SMOKY lol

Last edited:

reconrider8

amen you can go to the ncfs web site and call them and they will tell you good dates to burn on also... we have fought 3 or 4 wild fires here in the last 3 days alone here as a department and yea they are fun but also very very dangerous to both us as ff and to the residents of the homes so as stated please check with your local fire department and or the ncfs and check the conditions

nate1992

I have feeds for buncombe county NC & the city of Asheville NC

Also reconrider8 where are you a FF at?

reconrider8

halifax county just finished up my forestry class which lets me fight forest fires across the state if we get called into duty

reconrider8

Thanks man. Also i would keep an eye n the ncfs site for the daily Readiness Plans anything above a 3 would be worth keeping an ear open on it because theres a good chance of a fire outbreak NCDFR -Daily District Readiness Plans i update it every day just to see about how the conditions are in the area to see what standby mode i should be on as in on high alert or a lower normal mode

EP204

Out here in eastern NC we have had about a dozen smaller brush fires, 5> acres, although two of them did threaten nearby homes. :( It would seem that the summer has started.

nate1992

Ya there is a big one burning i the next county over in chimney rock state park, i cant pick up any comm. from it though

nate1992

Cause they like the ability to rationalize a bad idea & then not do it, But honestly thats every fire fighters, police, ems personals job security! lol
But alot of it is a lack of simple good judgement

reconrider8

pretty much but looking back on the brush fires we've had since i joined they have all bee fun, tough on scene but fun all the way around running into the heat of the flames and cutting fire lines will always be in my blood

reconrider8

well you gotta think of it like this a house fire the person probably worked there whole life for whats there where as a brush fire nothing is really lost that cant be replaced

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
halifax county just finished up my forestry class which lets me fight forest fires across the state if we get called into duty

I hope i can get into that soon though i just started but hopefully i can knock out as many 1/2 classes i need but wondering if my chief will even allow me to venture to orange county to take the wildfire suppression course they were offering "in orange only" but i might be able to work out something since a few friends of mine are in a town i use to be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.