Can't hear Gaston County on 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdkiser75

I have the Radio Shack 106 hand held scanner. I live in Shelby and am having difficulity picking up Gaston County on their 800 system, which I beleive they share with Mecklenburg county. According to Radio Refernce's data base there is a site in Gastona and Cherryville. Both sites I can recive, the one in Cherryville I get almost full strength. My problem is i'm unable to recive an audio transmission, I can recive the transmission it's self as I can view the ID number of the agnency who is tansmitting whether it be Gastonia PD, Belmont PD, or Mt. Holly PD who all use the system. However, if I program the system frequencies in a conventional manner in my scanner, I'm able to hear the audio transmissions of any of three agencies. Of course then the issue becomes you only hear part of the transmission as you are not trunking nor can visual see the agency who is talking. Is there a certain way I need to program the frequencies when trunking or another method I can use?

Last edited:

pboy

Have you set up the necessary custom band plans in the scanner to cover re-banded systems?

The Gaston County subsystem is re-banded.

cdkiser75

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Hey thanks for the reply, no I have not set up the band plans. I'm really not sure how to do that, could you explain?

pboy

I believe that is your problem then.

Your scanner doesn't know how to handle the new frequency setup under rebanding.

You have to put in updated parameters for it to understand what's going on.

Go to the Wiki section of this website and look up the page for the PRO-106. It'll have a link to rebanding instructions.

You'll have to drill down into the advanced settings menu of the scanner to enter what is needed. It'll be under custom band plan or something similar.

I don't have access to a 106 to walk you through it. Maybe someone else who has one will jump in.

Really not that hard, but might be a bit confusing.

cdkiser75

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I tried what you suggested and it works great. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.