Durham, North Carolina, public safety - off

Status
Not open for further replies.

SniperAce

Greetings to all, I live in Durham, North Carolina, and I am the owner of a Bearcat 396T Digital Scanner that just recently quit covering Police/Fire/EMS Transmissions as of this past Thursday evening, February 24, 2011. Does anybody have any information on if the network has changed and why all of a sudden there is a sudden blackout on communications on this network? Any information would be helpful. Thank you very much!

SniperAce

DougWare

Feed Provider
I too am having problems with me 396XT, The Pro-164 that I use to serve the Durham PS trunk audio feed seems unaffected on the Durham PS trunk system.

My 396XT hangs on the DATA Emergency channel with no audio or sound at all. Hitting SCAN skips it until it comes back through the scan cycle and hangs again on the same channel.

Does anyone have any information on this? My scanner programming hasn't changed.

Doug

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Greetings to all, I live in Durham, North Carolina, and I am the owner of a Bearcat 396T Digital Scanner that just recently quit covering Police/Fire/EMS Transmissions as of this past Thursday evening, February 24, 2011. Does anybody have any information on if the network has changed and why all of a sudden there is a sudden blackout on communications on this network? Any information would be helpful. Thank you very much!

SniperAce

I will check with a contact of mine but I am unaware of any system changes.
As of Friday when I left work around dinner time
my 396XT & HomePatrol HP-1 were both able to handle Durham's system just fine
with no issues.
Let me double check but I don't think anything major has changed.
Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I too am having problems with me 396XT, The Pro-164 that I use to serve the Durham PS trunk audio feed seems unaffected on the Durham PS trunk system.

My 396XT hangs on the DATA Emergency channel with no audio or sound at all. Hitting SCAN skips it until it comes back through the scan cycle and hangs again on the same channel.

Does anyone have any information on this? My scanner programming hasn't changed.

Doug

Hey Doug,
The original poster has a 396T not a 396XT.
Still let me see what I can find out about this situation.
What happens if you lock out the DATA EMERG TG?
Does the scanner handle the system ok then?
Worse case scenario I will be back at work in Durham Tomorrow
AM and will report back on how my radios are handling the system then.
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I have been able to confirm that nothing has changed
as far as the system itself so I would make sure you have
all Control Channels programmed into your radio.
Feel free to email me directly if needed.
Marshall KE4ZNR

DougWare

Feed Provider
I knew the original poster had a 396T, but I was pretty sure I was seeing the same thing on my 396XT.

However, I powered up for the first time today after this thread and it's not happening now.

I'll keep an ear out over the next few days. I swear it was happening Fri and Sat.

Doug

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I knew the original poster had a 396T, but I was pretty sure I was seeing the same thing on my 396XT.

However, I powered up for the first time today after this thread and it's not happening now.

I'll keep an ear out over the next few days. I swear it was happening Fri and Sat.

Doug

Thanks Doug :)
I was given the heads up that Durham PD is back to using both of
their Dispatch TGs of A & B (TGIDs of 16 & 48) with the Durham Freeway (147)
being the dividing line. They did this awhile back. Maybe they will stick with it
this time around.
On a somewhat related note: I really wish Raleigh PD & RWECC decided that Raleigh PD Dispatch could be handled by
more than one dispatcher. Raleigh is already waaaaay too big for only one citywide
dispatcher. We need to break apart those 6 RPD Dispatch TGIDs that are currently patched together.
Anyway, Yall let me know if I can do anything to help!
Marshall KE4ZNR

emazingli

SniperAce

Sounds like the same issue with mine and same model as mine, but not sure. I need to see some pics. of your Bearcat 396T for further observations with it. I'll wait for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.