Orange Co. Sheriff/Viper update 3/1

Status
Not open for further replies.

redclay

Just a note for listeners in the Orange County area - last week the Orange Co. Sheriff's Dept. seemed to have switched to the VIPER trunked system completely for their daily traffic. The legacy UHF sheriff's 1,2 & 3 channels are not being used now, though they may be held in reserve.

Most of the traffic is on OCSD dispatch and then they switch to an orange OPS channel as needed; I have heard them on the INFO channel as well...

Something is missing, though - the daily hands-on communications between the sheriff direct to his deputies is missing and methinks they are talking on an as yet unlisted TGP. Will investigate further as they use more of the system. regards, Redclay 3/1

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Just a note for listeners in the Orange County area - last week the Orange Co. Sheriff's Dept. seemed to have switched to the VIPER trunked system completely for their daily traffic. The legacy UHF sheriff's 1,2 & 3 channels are not being used now, though they may be held in reserve.

Most of the traffic is on OCSD dispatch and then they switch to an orange OPS channel as needed; I have heard them on the INFO channel as well...

Something is missing, though - the daily hands-on communications between the sheriff direct to his deputies is missing and methinks they are talking on an as yet unlisted TGP. Will investigate further as they use more of the system. regards, Redclay 3/1

Hey stranger! :)
Good to see you posting and doing well.
All of the Orange County talkgroups in use are listed.
I would guess any additional chit chat you don't hear
is probably being held over Nextel or cellphone.
But as always if you come across any additional verified info
please let us know.
All the best,
Marshall KE4ZNR

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Finally :) they are on Viper, to think pendergrass would never make the switch but gladly now everyone in orange is on the same page, was with hillsborough for a while and notice all the sheriffs were still using the stoneage radios but im wondering if its just the sheriff patrol on viper and the jail still uses their UHF? I havent visited OCJ yet to see whats going on, maybe on my next trip back over ill probably find out from one of my buddies.

Status
Not open for further replies.