Davie Fire Repeater??

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcfd988

Feed Provider
Looks like Davie has a pending FCC application to make their Fire Dispatch frequency (154.370) a repeated channel.........

Anyone know anything??

yardbird

I don't doubt it one bit.

Ems is repeatered, so why shouldn't the fire freq be as well.

Same thing happened in neighboring Davidson Co. Fire and Ems both are now repeatered.

That what should have been done here in Cabarrus, but no everybody made the mad dash to 800 Mhz.

Oh well some never learn.

David

fcfd988

Feed Provider
I know this thread has been dead for a while, but today I heard (one time) a "key up" on Davie Fire 154.370 / 85.4 and there was repeater hang time..........After hearing this I locked a radio on that channel and monitored for a while but never head anything again other than normal Davie County FD traffic (simplex only).

Anyone heard anything???

Wes

CCHLLM

I don't believe it's your imagination. Heard some keying and testing this week that seemed to be on the Davie freq, but it didn't last long enough for me to get close enough to the radio to actually read the display before it went back to scanning. Sumpin's seemin' to be up over that way.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Will be interesting to see how this plays out considering that Raleigh FD uses 154.370 (192.8Hz CTCSS/PL) for locution dispatching. Even with the PL difference will be interesting to see if there will be any QRM issues down the road (If Davie does indeed start using this as a repeated freq).
Marshall KE4ZNR

I know this thread has been dead for a while, but today I heard (one time) a "key up" on Davie Fire 154.370 / 85.4 and there was repeater hang time..........After hearing this I locked a radio on that channel and monitored for a while but never head anything again other than normal Davie County FD traffic (simplex only).

Anyone heard anything???

Wes

gmt0000

Premium Subscriber
Marshall,

If their fire output is anything like their EMS output frequency (155.265) that they converted to a repeater a few years ago, look out. The 155.265 is also the input to Carroll Co. Va EMS repeater, and when I've been at Carroll's main site while Davie is transmitting, they usually bring up 6 out of the 6 voter receiver sites across the county. At least the PL is different!! I always love the VHF band plan or lack of..........

Dale

yardbird

I have a good one as well.

There is a veternarian in Salisbury that uses the same frequecy 155.265 Mhz. When he gets to taliking if you don't have PL decode scanner then he will blow you off the map.

Same thing here in Cabarrus County. They use 155.265 Mhz as well for the school system with a PL of 162.2 Hz. They may not be on it anymore because they have talkgroups assigned on the Cabarrus Trs.

I was going to license the freq for our rescue squad. I then got to thinking that wouldn't be to good because of the interference it might cause.

The problem is the FCC has allowed doctors & school systems to be licensed of frequencies that were for Emergency Service use.

155.160 Mhz, 155.220 Mhz, 155.265 & 155.295 Mhz are the main frequencies that I have seen being used by doctors and school systems, when they should have been on a business frequency instead.

David

Last edited:

fcfd988

Feed Provider
I heard Davie make an announcement this week for one of the Fire Departments to bring all of their radios in for re-programming. I just caught part of the traffic. I didn't hear which station.

Tanker3796

Does anyone have the frequencies for Davie Fire? I run mutual aid with them in Davidson on occasion and work in Davie County and would like to be able to talk to them if something comes up. I have Fire, EMS, and Sheriff in radio to listen but dont have the transmit frequency. If you can help it would be greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.