Durham County Audio Feed Downtime Notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougWare

Feed Provider
Currently, I'm planning on taking the feed down tomorrow evening for 2-4 hours while I virtualize a Windows instance to stream the audio from. Currently it's streaming from a Fedora based system and there doesn't seem to be a way to support alpha tags from Linux. Since I'm planning on swapping out the Pro-164 providing the feed with the BCD396XT I keep on my hip, it would be nice to be able to provide alpha tags.

Thanks!

Doug

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Currently, I'm planning on taking the feed down tomorrow evening for 2-4 hours while I virtualize a Windows instance to stream the audio from. Currently it's streaming from a Fedora based system and there doesn't seem to be a way to support alpha tags from Linux. Since I'm planning on swapping out the Pro-164 providing the feed with the BCD396XT I keep on my hip, it would be nice to be able to provide alpha tags.

Thanks!

Doug

Thanks for the heads up Doug and thanks for continuing to provide
the feed! :)
I actually run a dual boot of Fedora and WinXP on my work laptop.
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

DougWare

Feed Provider
Actually, I'll be using VMWare ESX (it's free without the enterprise and clustering features) and it's a bare metal hypervisor (think VMWare IS your OS). I really look forward to setting this up. Part of me hates to give up my 396XT at my side, but I only use the digital side of it about 15%-20% of the time and the thought of providing alpha tags sounds really appealing. When I get my taxes back, I may find a cheap 396T to use for streaming...but we'll have to see.

Thanks for the heads up Doug and thanks for continuing to provide
the feed! :)
I actually run a dual boot of Fedora and WinXP on my work laptop.
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.