Pasquotank County Finds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
traveling today in pasquotank and got a hit on 866.4875 NAC 082 sounded like corrections operations, any ideas

richardbritt

Database Admin
Hey Mike

I checked the FCC records and found this freq listed to the NC Highway Patrol at a site in Columbia with 100 watts output. That might be what you were hearing. The application specifically does not say VIPER but was submitted along with a large batch of VIPER applications when the application was put in. WQDF207 is the callsign. I checked all the VIPER sites and nothing is listed on RadioReference as far as VIPER goes except 2 sites (not local). But freqs might have changed at one of the local sites around here like Winfall, Eliz City or South Mills. I'll put it in my scanner and see if I can hear anything in Chowan

richardbritt

Database Admin
But the prison ops are on low band. Transportation is on VIPER and all the internal ops are on low bank. Off the top of my head I think 42.56. I live too far to hear it from my house, but I sat down the road from it around 2 months ago and heard guards patrolling the perimeter talking to one of the vehicles on low band. I also heard a transport vehicle calling another prison in NC saying they were departing the prison in Eliz City enroute to their destination. I can always drive up there and see what I hear near the prison but nothing else is listed in the FCC database for NC except VIPER.

Mike, where in the county were you when you heard that signal? Did it come up frequently? What did you hear on it? Data, voice?

Thanks

Richard

trumpetman

Database Admin
Just for clarification, the NAC definitely confirms it's for VIPER.

When a Type 2 voice channel is transmitted in digital, it uses an NAC derived from the System ID and connect tone. The last 2 digits of the system ID represent the first of the NAC, and then the third digit of the NAC relates to the connect tone.

So you get C508 and 2 relates to 83.72 Hz.

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Interesting info trumpetman, so it must have been a viper site in Columbia NC closest area to where I was on route 17

Status
Not open for further replies.