Wake County Feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonez01

Hi just wanted to post a quick update on my feeds. I have had some PC issues so alpha tags are no longer on the wake pd feed. The hiss in the backround is due to the cheap usb soundcards I am using now. I am currently working on moving the streams to a new PC by April 1. I have received a few PM's from members about the volume and backround noise. I want to give a special thanks to all the loyal listeners and members who have offered to help in anyway possible. I love the hobby keep on monitoring guys and gals.

fwfdengine2

Premium Subscriber
I have a suggestion for your feeds... Could you make one feed just Fire/EMS and the other just Police?
I like to listen to just fire. But for those that want both, they can listen to both feeds. Just a suggestion.

What do you think?

bonez01

I have a suggestion for your feeds... Could you make one feed just Fire/EMS and the other just Police?
I like to listen to just fire. But for those that want both, they can listen to both feeds. Just a suggestion.

What do you think?

I am not opposed to making the change. I would like some others listeners to chime in and voice their opinion though.

For those who would like me to stream 1 feed strictly for PD and the other for Fire/EMS let me know.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I am not opposed to making the change. I would like some others listeners to chime in and voice their opinion though.

For those who would like me to stream 1 feed strictly for PD and the other for Fire/EMS let me know.

Hey bud, I sort of agree that having separate streams might prove
to be beneficial. With so much activity happening in Central NC
all it takes is one minor "pot on the stove" non-fire tying up a
PS TAC Channel to keep folks from hearing a foot chase on RPD Raleigh 1.
Like you I would enjoy hearing other folks opinion before changes are made. :)

Thanks again for all of the effort and time you put into providing the audio.
I know many folks here appreciate it.
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

mthom50

Premium Subscriber
Bonez, First off, thanks as always for the effort to provide two high-quality feeds. I'm kind of torn, as there are times it's only practical for me to listen to a single feed, and your Fire/LEO/EMS feed does a nice job of covering the bases, though as Marshall notes occasionally that can create some conflicts and interrupted coverage of one agency/incident by another.

Still, you already have an LEO-only feed, and someone else provides a feed that focuses on Fire/EMS only, so I'd lean toward keeping what you have, with maybe a suggestion to trim out a few talkgroups like the county jail (the WSO "detention" groups) and most of the EMS to ER groups (aside from the main Wake Med).

Thanks for inviting our opinions!

mthom50

Premium Subscriber
Right you are, Rob! I've had both for a while and do enjoy using them, which is the flip side of the "there are times" part of my note...

Status
Not open for further replies.