Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanMan08

I have a Pro-106 and I live in the town of Winterville, N.C.. I use to could sit in my house and hear all of the Pitt County fire,rescue,shp. even the Greenville police, fire and rescue. Now when I get home my scanner doesn't pick up anything.
Can someone tell me if it is a problem with the scanner, the service or what. I hate to know that I have a scanner that I can only use at work. It was working fine until I had Radio Shack reload all the freq.
Thanks, for any are all the input I can get with this.
Thanks.
scanman

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
It was working fine until I had Radio Shack reload all the freq.

NEVER let a Radio Shack sales droid program your scanner. :)
Once I get home tonight I will put together a Win500 file for
you to download into your radio and post it in this thread.
This is going on the assumption that
you have a copy of Win500 and a data cable.
If you don't have either of the above let me know and we will
see what other options are available.
Marshall KE4ZNR

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
I was over in Greenville last Saturday and everything was working fine and still is. I'm here in Kinston and will be glad to help you if we can get together. I have 2 PSR 600s and a PSR 500; basically the same radio, and use Win 500 for programming. I keep a separate file for Greenville. Just let me know.

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
I'm picking up my cord today and going to get win500

If you do then we can send you a file to upload. It's always best to program the scanners for your on personal preferences than to try to rely on someone else as well as the fact there are always updates to systems taking place.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
If you do then we can send you a file to upload. It's always best to program the scanners for your on personal preferences than to try to rely on someone else as well as the fact there are always updates to systems taking place.

Agreed 100%. :)
KC4YIN--If you are able to help him better from a local perspective I will
step back and let you help him from here on out. I think with database
admin duties my plate is more than full already :D
Thanks for helping him out.
Marshall KE4ZNR

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
No problem Marshall. I'll do what I can. It's always nice to have as many people out there that are interested in the hobby as we can get. BTW. Are you planning on being at the RALEIGH HAMFEST this year? I know it's coming up soon.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
No problem Marshall. I'll do what I can. It's always nice to have as many people out there that are interested in the hobby as we can get. BTW. Are you planning on being at the RALEIGH HAMFEST this year? I know it's coming up soon.

Thanks for the assist :)

I am gonna try to be at RARSFest. In the middle of a few projects
at work so time is kinda limited but I am gonna do my best to attend.
Hope to see you there!
Marshall KE4ZNR

ScanMan08

can you send me the file you are talking about. I don't understand how my scanner does not work in the house anymore. I use to carry in every room, now it has to be in the front window sill. I think my setting are screw up are something. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.