New 2011 SHP Dodge Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM4WLV

Hey there folks !!! Got a couple pics of the SHP's newest car. 2011 Dodge Charger. 2 words................ Bad Azz !!!!!

Hope you guys like em !!!!!

shp1.jpg

shp2.jpg

shp3.jpg

shp4.jpg

shp6.jpg

SCPD

QRT
that thing looks like a challenger from the back i know a guy said he hit 115 in that thing and still had plenty of room to push the gas

hilofer

whoa

Mean looking ride! I didn't notice any light bars. Were they interior or just not affixed to that vehicle yet?

ts548

Everything that is holy and then some, that's the most hideous looking patrol car I've seen.

wise871

Database Admin
Not sure about others but I prefer the look of the older Chargers. Something about the new look of the 2011 I'm not a fan of. The rear end and the sides being one of them.

RIG

goofy looking car

put a light bar on it and enough of the cat and mouse games with unmarked cars. When people see in a mirror or just looking around that there is police presence it slows the masses down and brings civility even if just for the moment. Today's police are more para military than your old school local cop on the force.
All the secrecy breeds ill will. Just look at the encryption thread.

Rob

ts548

put a light bar on it and enough of the cat and mouse games with unmarked cars. When people see in a mirror or just looking around that there is police presence it slows the masses down and brings civility even if just for the moment. Today's police are more para military than your old school local cop on the force.
All the secrecy breeds ill will. Just look at the encryption thread.

Rob

Why do they need a light bar? Save money and make them slick tops. And who cares if the police are more para military now? Times are different then when your old school local cop was on the force.

RIG

Why do they need a light bar? Save money and make them slick tops. And who cares if the police are more para military now? Times are different then when your old school local cop was on the force.

The police are a necessary part of our society but at the same time they aren't the "secret police". They are out there to uphold the law and whether anyone likes it or not they work for the people and are not above the people. Try respectfully asking a cop a question and you more than likely get a who the blank are you to question me attitude. It's a fine line to balance and when it sways too far one way there will be trouble.

Rob

KM4WLV

The police are a necessary part of our society but at the same time they aren't the "secret police". They are out there to uphold the law and whether anyone likes it or not they work for the people and are not above the people. Try respectfully asking a cop a question and you more than likely get a who the blank are you to question me attitude. It's a fine line to balance and when it sways too far one way there will be trouble.

Rob

From someone that's been in public safety for 17+ years I have to disagree. The only time I've ever seen an officer take that attitude is when he's had a difficult time with a suspect. And dealing with the type of people they do on a daily basis I can't say I blame them.

Drafin

Not sure about others but I prefer the look of the older Chargers. Something about the new look of the 2011 I'm not a fan of. The rear end and the sides being one of them.

I gotta agree, last year's model was much cooler than this year's. I think it has to do with the taper at the rear window. I think this model looks like a poor man's Challenger. That's not a bad thing but the two cars need some distinguishing features to both survive in today's auto market.

Now I wonder how long this thread will go on before the it derails off topic with the "police are evil" argument that was developing? :)

Draf

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
The new 2011 changes are to correct some problems with vision, I own a 2009 Charger PD. and I have to stay a good car length back at a traffic light to see it, or crane my neck in front of the steering wheel, and the A post is right in my field of vision going around corners. The lower side windows is for vision also, the back doors now swing wider for access and egress, and I agree I don't like the back, it looks like an Intrepid. The cars are blazing fast, (finally) and the marked unmarked issue is a local one, in New York the State Police are prohibited by law to use an unmarked vehicle for traffic enforcement. It makes for some funny or not so funny radio traffic when an unmarked unit is looking for help to stop a vehicle. I heard some radio transmissions that went on for nearly 20 min as a Trooper was asking for a marked unit from any agency to help stop a speeding car.
I offer good luck to the Troopers using them, they are in my opinion the first REAL police cars in over 2 decades. Now to just keep ahead of Chevy.LOL that's going to be the new race.

KE4RWS

Couldn't agree more

Rob

In my experience I couldn't agree with you more, Rob. Today's law enforcement are definitely way more like para-military than cops from older times. Although there are SOME people that deserve that kind of treatment, MANY do not. And it is those people we are speaking for here.

I can't tell you how many times I have been treated like absolute crap by police because they *think* your doing something. Then when you aren't doing what they thought you were they will still try to make you look guilty of something nonetheless. That's the kind of BS we're talking about here.

My fault I'm treated that way? I don't think so. But that's the typical response from people who automatically side with police no matter what, before even hearing what really happened.

I hear ya though, Rob. That's the reason so many people are weary of law enforcement in general, as many of us have had it with the rough handling of people who haven't even done anything. But it's clear there are two sides to this issue here. But just because some of these people haven't experienced this problem yet doesn't mean they won't. Sooner or later it will likely happen. But until then they'll keep blindly supporting a system that hasn't yet turned on them. I guess that's their choice though.

RIG

I gotta agree, last year's model was much cooler than this year's. I think it has to do with the taper at the rear window. I think this model looks like a poor man's Challenger. That's not a bad thing but the two cars need some distinguishing features to both survive in today's auto market.

Now I wonder how long this thread will go on before the it derails off topic with the "police are evil" argument that was developing? :)

Draf

If you look the new charger gets it's styling cues from the 1969 Charger. The indentations in the front doors, the indentations in the hood, the back window is inset a little bit and the rear lights are similar. Google 1969 Charger images and you will see it.

Rob.

Drafin

If you look the new charger gets it's styling cues from the 1969 Charger. The indentations in the front doors, the indentations in the hood, the back window is inset a little bit and the rear lights are similar. Google 1969 Charger images and you will see it.

Rob.

Yep , my dad actually owned a 69 at one point. In my opinion the Challenger looks more like the 69 Charger than the new one. From the top of the doors up it looks like you could saw the top off of a Challenger and sit it right on a 69 Charger and it would meet up. :)

The thing I don't like about the new Charger is the loss of the pointy rear (back seat side) windows. Well that and with the exception of the new door indentations there is nowhere enough curvature to the quarter/door/fender line of the car.

But hey, to each his own. That's why car companies make different cars.

Draf

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber

Draf

I am keeping any eye on it and it will stay on topic. :cool:
Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Folks,
This is my only time asking nicely to please keep the thread
on the original topic of the ride itself.
Thanks! :)
Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4RWS

Seriously ???

Draf

Wow. I didn't know my comment to the other fellows comment constituted me "Derailing" the entire thread here. If that's what happened then I profusely apologize.

I made mention ONE TIME about some incidents that have happened to me over the years in response to a side-note the other gentleman hit on. My ONE response was all I planned to say on the matter. I guess I'm just utterly amazed anymore how sensitive people have become over a simple mention of an issue like this.

But just for the record, when concerned individuals start making exaggerated comments about the entire thread now being, or possibly being "derailed", just because of two comments about a subject that some people might not like, all I can say is "I'm sorry".

Although I'm not sure just *what* I'm sorry for, I certainly don't want to be known for "derailing" threads on this or any forum. The funny thing is mine and the other fellows' comment were likely the one and only comment that on the issue that would have been made - that is, until someone else came along and accused me of DERAILING the thread, thus garnering even more attention to the forbidden issue and now that of an admin :(

It's not my intention to start anything here, but exaggerating things because it was mentioned all of twice, and would have likely never been mentioned again had the person not claimed the thread was now doomed for all time, is a but much.

As for the car mentioned in this thread, I like the design myself. Although it differs from the original design, I actually like it. But that's merely my own opinion (as unpopular as it may be).

Again, I apologize for being the catalyst for whatever happened here. It seems to be a first for me after nearly seven years of being a registered user.

RIG

my comments

Hello everyone,

It appears my comments and observations on the car and it's semi stealth appearance stirred up a little trouble here. That wasn't my intention and I don't want to leave the other guy who responded taking the blame for this. I am involved with law enforcement and a member of The Fraternal Order of Police for 20 years but nobody here knows that. I will be more conscious of what I write going forward.
I apologize for any disruption I caused here.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.