CLT P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd8x

found out a new id today on charlotte project 25 system.

tg 1031 ------ CLT FD 1C

more and more id's are springing up on id search so Im thinking this system is about ready to take off again..llets all keep it current and submit data as you get it.....

ou99

CFD Digital TG's

That is logical in the evolution. Dispatch (Alarm) has been active for some time now. Fireground was sure to follow. Alarm is 1027,1C is 1031 it follows that 1B will be 1029 and D to H 1033-41.

I will load these in my scanner and shud only take a couple of days to confirm and report to the DB.

1I, 1J &1K may take a bit longer as they tend to be for Multi-Alarm and/or Aircraft Alerts, etc. and may or may not follow H in sequence (they don't on the Analog system).

kd8x

tgrp 661

confirmed today that talkgroup 661 is EVENTS 4 from 800 meck system....

Loverickbass

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to figure out how to get the signal better. I've got a nmo mounted Laird 800mhz high gain on the roof of my truck and still can't get a good recepetion. I can get Viper digital very good, not so with Union P25.

trumpetman

Database Admin
Sometimes better reception isn't always the key. It goes back to the dreaded multi-path. Look it up in the wiki if you want the details, but long story short, the better antenna is only going to pull signal in better. Which means more towers received, which means an even larger overload and distortion which is near impossible to process in even the greatest P25 scanner on the market. Try experimenting with a "worse" antenna per se and if you can't do that, experiment with the attenuator, that has worked for me in the past.

kd8x

OK, I got a 1/4 wave Laird and hooked it up to the scanner and........it got worse. Sigh.....

What is your location that you are trying to receive Union P25? I live in Cabarrus Co and signal isn't 100 percent copy here although there is a pretty strong signal. It is probably only 60 percent decode rate here at best....even with outdoor antennas which include a discone antenna and a 15 element beam antenna....

kg4pbd

OK, I got a 1/4 wave Laird and hooked it up to the scanner and........it got worse. Sigh.....

You may want to try a yagi. I'm in south Charlotte, near McKee & Providence Rds. The only way I get decent reception is using a directional antenna pointed at the Mathews site. Of course that doesn't help you in mobile situations.......

Loverickbass

Premium Subscriber
I'm in the forgotten about east side of Union County mostly. There is a tower in Wingate however as soon as you get to the Marshville city limits nothing.....

kg4pbd

I realized as I was typing that you meant mobile applications. I figure that when everything moves over to the new system (and is hopefully still in the clear...), I'll have to be content with streaming to my phone if I want to listen mobile.

kd8x

New talkgroups

Mint hill disp 2101
cmpd air ops 537
d patch 1627
westover disp 531
north disp 557
independence disp 547
university disp 687
metro disp 661
invest disp 571
independence conf 551
providence disp 545
steele creek disp 529
north tryon disp 559

system is coming alive...enjoy

ALL submitted to DB

ou99

New Talkgroups

Kd8x, Good Catch. If I may one correction and a couple of comments/Suggestions.

1) TG 545 is not Providence disp. It is South disp. Division 16 cars would be heard because of the dispatcher patch. (Providence disp should be TG 543.)

2) TG 1627 “d patch” should be labeled as Davidson disp (Davidson Police) and it belongs in the “Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police North Division” Group +
(The corresponding analog TG in that database was duplicated and confusing. DPD is not part of the North Meck group. Davidson COLLEGE PD is along with Cornelius and Huntersville dispatched on TG 1635. And TG 1627 will usually be patched with 557 & 687 Which are CMPD North Div and Univ Div.)

3) TG 571 “Invest disp” should be labeled Detective Persons. They are the users of the TG (Central dispatcher “dispatches” this group as required along with Detective Property and Detective Vice (will likely be 573 and 597 if they continue to follow the analog pattern))

I Will submit to the database

kd8x

Kd8x, Good Catch. If I may one correction and a couple of comments/Suggestions.

1) TG 545 is not Providence disp. It is South disp. Division 16 cars would be heard because of the dispatcher patch. (Providence disp should be TG 543.)

2) TG 1627 “d patch” should be labeled as Davidson disp (Davidson Police) and it belongs in the “Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police North Division” Group +
(The corresponding analog TG in that database was duplicated and confusing. DPD is not part of the North Meck group. Davidson COLLEGE PD is along with Cornelius and Huntersville dispatched on TG 1635. And TG 1627 will usually be patched with 557 & 687 Which are CMPD North Div and Univ Div.)

3) TG 571 “Invest disp” should be labeled Detective Persons. They are the users of the TG (Central dispatcher “dispatches” this group as required along with Detective Property and Detective Vice (will likely be 573 and 597 if they continue to follow the analog pattern))

I Will submit to the database

Thanks for the clarifications. I knew a couple of them were patches but just didn't know which actual base group it was. And yes, the old 26032 talkgroup being called d patch and university and north and davidson pd was kinda confusing on old system....The system sounds really quiet today though after all the activity yesterday...I wonder if the talkgroups have been turned off for the time being and yesterday was just a trial test period???? Anyway, just hearing a couple city fire groups basically on there this afternoon....Tnx

kd8x

hamstang

Premium Subscriber
Database Error

Database has TG 661 listed as Event 4 in the Events group. 661 should be Metro Dispatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.