Setting up scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanMan08

Does anyone know where I can get my scanner (pro-106) checked to see the the settings are correct. I live in Greenville.

Last edited:

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
A little more information is needed here.
First of all, are you hearing what you want to hear on it and how is it programmed and most importantly what do you want to be able to monitor on it?

ScanMan08

I scan all of Pitt County and Highway Patrol. When I first got it, I set it on table and it work fine, but radio shack reprogrammed it and since then I have to sit it on the window sill, if I move it I can't get a signal. I know I'm not out of range because I live across from the food lion in winterville.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
but radio shack reprogrammed it

That's your mistake right there. Letting "the shack" program a radio is a great big NO NO. If you don't have a programing software than i would definitely recommend you get one. Their are several out there (WIN500, PSREdit500, ARC500) and most give you a free 30day trial, more than enough time to program it. You will also need the programing cable. Someone can give you a file for what you want to monitor and that should get you started.

Last edited:

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
See if this attached file will help you to get back on track. It is a Winn 500 file.Upload it and let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.