Wayne County TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjmcdowell

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone, today I noticed that Wayne County TRS went silent. I assume it's a control channel change in the system however none of the 11 frequencies listed for this system in the database are being utilized as a control channel. I've tried searching for a control channel using the search option on the Radio Shack Pro-106 on the Public Safety 151-170 VHF bands but it was a no go. Can anyone here provide any feedback on anything else I can do? I tried the signal stalker option too finding some frequencies that Wayne County was using for digital voice. Any help would be appreciated!

trumpetman

Database Admin
Can anyone run Pro96Com on this system? Should be only 4 rotating control channels. If we can confirm those with some decoding software then we won't have to worry about anybody missing out when it switches.

climberkid

KM4FFB
Marshall, maybe you can help me as we'll. I have returned to Goldsboro after being gone for 10 months for the Air Force and such. I updated the control channels, but I'm still getting nothing. Has there been more than that changed since the first week of January? Im returning to Belfast this evening after my hiatus, but I was hoping to get some re-familiarly with Wayne County before then.
Thanks

-Alex

Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Hey Alex,
I have given jaolson101 info so he can run Pro96Com while visiting Wayne
County. That should give us a better idea of the system layout including
CCs, Trunking Tables, offsets, channels, etc. Unfortunately I don't find
myself in Wayne County too often which prevents me from being able
to search out system details myself.
Please search around the 150Mhz range and let us know if you come across a new CC not listed in the database.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Marshall, maybe you can help me as we'll. I have returned to Goldsboro after being gone for 10 months for the Air Force and such. I updated the control channels, but I'm still getting nothing. Has there been more than that changed since the first week of January?
Thanks

-Alex

rjmcdowell

Premium Subscriber
Did anyone get the chance to run the Pro96com software on this system? The control channel has changed to another frequency not listed in the database. I submitted the new channel so that it's updated accordingly. Thanks!

climberkid

KM4FFB
Did anyone get the chance to run the Pro96com software on this system? The control channel has changed to another frequency not listed in the database. I submitted the new channel so that it's updated accordingly. Thanks!

What was that particular channel please?

climberkid

KM4FFB
I'm getting traffic on the simulcast channels, which are the same as listed for the control channels for the P25 system. Now I know I don't know much about these radio systems (in trying) but why isn't that working?! If I can get it on VHF analog why won't those channels work as a control channel? And why doesn't my 396T have a Control-Channel only mode on it like the manual says?

I looked up the FCC freqs for the license and I have every single one in my frequency bank for the system. So confused.

Last edited:

trumpetman

Database Admin
Here are all the control channels based on submission history:

152.6600 submitted 03 OCT
152.7200 submitted 21 SEP
152.5100 submitted 20 SEP
155.6700 submitted 24 AUG
156.1050 submitted 04 AUG
155.9400 submitted 29 JULY
155.5800 submitted 26 JUNE

All are selected as CCs in the database. This should be correct for now, until someone else finds another new channel in the rotation. I guess we'll wait and see. Thanks to all the people keeping up and trying to figure this one out!

rjmcdowell

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure why they're changing the control channel frequency so often. The other day I noticed that they were patching. I live here in Goldsboro so I'm going to stay up on any changes. I'll keep you updated.

climberkid

KM4FFB
Thanks!
Any idea why wayne central on fire main only comes over analog through my pager while any unit in the county on fire main comes over the digital system?

trumpetman

Database Admin
Well, it sounds like the analog paging channel is for dispatch only, which means it only exists to alert the pagers and provide any updates to responding volunteers who only have pagers. If you're talking to dispatch, you're more than likely responding on a truck, or you're an officer with an issued radio. Are you hearing Central come across the digital system too or are they only on analog?

climberkid

KM4FFB
Any time at all since they started changing control channels when Wayne Central talks over Fire Main, not just on the tone out, I can't pick them up on the scanner, only on my pager. Obviously when I have a portable I can hear everything from there, so that's where my confusion comes from.

-Alex

trumpetman

Database Admin
Fire Main might be misprogrammed in your scanner, double check that. That's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head. Specially if you know for sure you're hearing them on conventional and on your portable.

climberkid

KM4FFB
TGID is 1001 on RR and that's what I've got. I think I'll get rid of my programming entirely and have my Car 3 just upload his whole system onto mine the way he has it. His may be working I think.

-Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.