Camp Lejeune listeners. I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

marine_hm

I Need help with Camp Lejune Scanning..

I have a RS Pro-106 Digital Trunking radio with Diamond RH77CA antenna and I can't seem to pick up one signal. Does anyone have an ARC500 file of Camp lejeune they could send my way to help me out.

I don't even pick-up a signal in signal stalker mode.

I've got Onslow County trunk system programmed, everything there is working well. JPD, Fire, EMS, etc...
I created a separate Trunk System with the CC's only, have The talk groups tagged for that system, list to include a wild card. I even have the custom freq table programmed, Still nothing!

Please help.

Thanks. Nick

Last edited:

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Did you make sure to input all 4 control channels and the offset and base frequency for OBT? I've never set up a Pro-106, but have all of the info for the base system and can help.

The control channels are:

The OBT info is:
50kHz Spacing
406.3500 - Start Frequency

OBT is Other Band Trunking and you must specify the OBT info in the programming. Otherwise the scanner won't have a clue what frequency to go to when following a talkgroup conversation. On 800, the fleetmaps are pretty standard, but on OBT (UHF/VHF) systems they are all custom.

Last edited:

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Not sure what the Lo and Hi channels indicate, but looks like you have the Step Size as 50 MHz (050.000) and it should be 50 kHz (000.050).

I may be wrong as I've never used that software before.

Edit:
On the receive side, the Start frequency for the system is 406.3500 and the end frequency is 425.3000. That would be 380 "channels" from start to finish and you already have that configured.

Last edited:

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
The more I think of it, the more I think the hi and lo are the highest and lowest control channels.

406.3500 is lo
408.7500 is hi

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Then the software is displaying it in kHz, so it is right the way you had it. Did you try the hi & lo channel settings?

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
One more thing. Will the hi/lo channel settings allow more than 3 digits? If not, then it is the channel assignments for that system. Try 380 for the lo and 759 for the hi. If that doesn't work, then try 0 for lo and 379 for hi.

It could even be 380 for the lo and 448 for hi. I'm not sure how that software/scanner handles the info.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
425.3000 is the 380th possible channel since 406.3500 is the base and there are 380 channel possibilities due to spacing the frequencies 50 kHz apart. It's the way OBT works. Camp Lejeune only has one "Range" of frequencies, so it must use all 380 in that one range.

So, try 380 for the lo and 759 for the hi.

marine_hm

I used Lo 380 Hi 759. Just picked up "PMO dispatch" which is a talkgroup ID. So it must be working. Just seems to be VERY little traffic.

Thank you. Charging up the batteries, driving on base for church in the morning. Lets see if the scanner picks up more for traffic.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Okay good. I'm glad we got it figured out. So, it programs like a standard Motorola on the RX side.

Yeah, the traffic will pick up after the 96 is over. PMO stays fairly busy.

BryanTheRed

Ø
Premium Subscriber
You should also be able to monitor it from just about anywhere in the county. When I still lived in OC I was able to pick it up in Richlands almost at the Duplin County line. Like rescue said, after the 96 you should see a lot of traffic. That is a pretty busy radio system!

marine_hm

Getting a lot more traffic today. Thanks again.

Do you listen MCAS New River air traffic as well?
Post #414 of the NC Mil Air thread has a list of freqs. They looked more like conventional freqs rather than Trunked. I don't see them(MCAS) listed under trunked systems. Just wondering.

Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Make sure you please submit verified new activity or any changes
you come across so that we can keep the database updated :)
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
I guess I should monitor the MCAS, but I never have had much interest. Back years ago, they used a VHF conventional channel for their PMO, but I think they use the UHF SmartZone system now. As far as aircraft go, I really wouldn't know where to start, but they (CH-46, CH53, & Osprey's) fly over my house ALL the time, so I probably should try to listen to them.

Getting a lot more traffic today. Thanks again.

Do you listen MCAS New River air traffic as well?
Post #414 of the NC Mil Air thread has a list of freqs. They looked more like conventional freqs rather than Trunked. I don't see them(MCAS) listed under trunked systems. Just wondering.

enter ALL aircraft AM mode frequencies as CONVENTIONAL frequencies...not trunked...just make up a bank or scan list of your air/milair freqs and scan them as conventional untrunked frequencies.....no muss no fuss :)

the UHF milair band runs from around 225 Mhz - 400 Mhz (AM).....there is stuff everywhere....spread out thru that entire band....the Databases are a lifesaver......whenever you see a freq in that range listed at an airport or ATC CENTER it's for milair aircraft only.....you'll also hear these military aircraft locally talking to WASHINGTON CENTER on the regular VHF AIR band assigned freqs in the civilian aero band that runs between 118-136 Mhz on AM.......

on a seperate subject, about the frequencies used onboard base :

also, in your spare time, it will benefit you and all of us here if you or anybody else on/near base can set up a special search bank in your scanners from 406.000 - 420.00 Mhz ( NFM mode) and scan that Federal band looking for simplex untrunked freqs in use onboard Lejeune/New River etc.......you also may be surprised at finding unknown existing TRUNKED freqs while doing a band scan....i did that about two years ago for Cherry Point and found the Database here woefully lacking...i found EIGHT missing freqs on their TRUNKED system and submitted them.......so now it's complete. As large as Lejeune is, i fully expect you'll find new freqs for all of us to enjoy...THANKS !

.....and as Marshall said, please submit any new info to an administrator so it can be added to the Database.....

HAVE FUN !!

Last edited:

dredding82

Premium Subscriber
A Little Help

I was wondering if you guys could me me get my scanner working with Camp Lejeune. I set it up with the offset, base and step like RR data base said, entered all the talk groups i wanted and i hear nothing. I see at the bottom MOT: 07600 and some times system control00%...i cant get this figured out lol I have JPD working good but have not clue why this is not working.

marine_hm

??? Anyone able to scan MCB Lejeune now? Milair has not changed as far as I know, Haven't bothered recently. But I think as far as scanning the BASE radio traffic, we're screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.