What To Monitor For The Impending Winter Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM4WLV

Hey folks,

We had a thread for the last round of winter weather where Marshall set up a monitoring thread for that event. Figured we could get one going for the impending winter storm with what TG's we know may be active and by what county, and statewide as far as VIPER goes........ Marshall I don't know if you will want to merge this into the last thread or leave this one for this specific event. If it get's merged it's understandable. If you reply please put what county / counties you are referring to in the "Title" line of the response. I'll get it started...........

**** ROWAN COUNTY & CITY OF SALISBURY ****
( Please note all of the VHF Dispatch channels I list are patched into the Rowan/Salisbury TRS, including State Fire & State Rescue aka 280. The VHF Fireground channels for Rowan County Fire are simplex only ) and the PL for all VHF radios is 146.2

-- Rowan County Fire Dispatch
154.2500 - Talkgroup ID 1296 on the Rowan Salisbury TRS
-- Rowan County EMS/Rescue Squad Dispatch
155.7150 - Talkgroup ID 1488 on the Rowan Salisbury TRS
-- Rowan County VHF Firegrounds (Rarely used but may become active during storm)
FG 1 - 154.0700 - Simplex Only
FG 2 - 153.7700 - Simplex Only
NC State Fire - 154.2800 - Normally simplex only but can be patched into the TRS
-- Rowan County Rescue Squad TAC Channels (Rarely used but may be active as well)
Rowan Rescue TAC 2 - 155.1000 - Simplex Only
Rowan Rescue TAC 3 - 153.5550 - Simplex Only
NC State Rescue - 155.2800 - Simplex Only
NC State Hospital - 155.3400 - Simplex Only
-- City of Salisbury Fire Dispatch -TGID 752 - Rowan Salisbury TRS Only
-- Rowan County FD's, City of Salisbury FD, and Rowan EMS have a set of shared OPS
TG's on the system. Salisbury FD uses OPS 1 through 11, and Rowan County uses
OPS 12 through 35. If it is a medical call EMS utilizes whatever TG is assigned for that
incident. Please check the Rowan County Database page for those TGID's.
-- Each fire department (Including Rowan Rescue) have a digital TG assigned to each
to use as they see fit. These are used a great deal during severe weather/disaster
events. Please check the Rowan County Database for these TGID's as well.
-- North Carolina SHP - TG 5840 on the Rowan Salisbury TRS (Simulcast from VIPER and
covers traffic for both E3 and E6 (Rowan and Cabarrus Co's).
-- There will most likely be a significant amount of traffic on the Salisbury Rowan Utilities
TG's as well. Those ID's have changed around some and I don't have a current list at
time.

That's what I'd count on being active around here. As far as VIPER in Rowan County of course SHP is going to be slammed, but I imagine there is a good possibility to hear much more, especially Emergency Management. For VIPER I usually just put my 396XT into search mode to monitor VIPER in times such as these.

I have a very basic file for the Uniden 396/996XT's for Rowan County that I'd be happy to anyone that may need or want it. It's a bare bones file with mostly just Dispatch TG's and OPS Channels for fire & EMS. If you'd like a copy of it send a message to my inbox and I'll get it to you.

And above all else, STAY SAFE!!!!

Last edited:

reconrider8

i see the IMAP SPECIAL crews are back out working I95 again this round hearing them now around the 30 with a couple 10-50's. they are working off of tg 55664

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
I have been monitoring the storm most of the day.

I have 7 radios and two pagers sitting on the end table listening to the surrounding counties. I have heard a shooting and a lot of wrecks and such.

The good thing I have enjoyed about this years storm is. This is the first year in 27 years that I have not had to be out in it running calls.

I am enjoying it.

David

EdwardnNC

Premium Subscriber
I have been hearing talk on two statewide talk groups. The IDs are 1136 and 912.
Both of these are listed in the Statewide/Systemwide Event Analog list under Viper.

I live a couple of miles from I-85. They were talking about and working on I-85 in Granville County NC.

Last edited:

kg4pbd

National Guard teams are operating on Charlotte Fire, on the Charlotte P25 system. Dispatcher just had to explain to a unit to turn the radio knob to an ops talkgroup. Also on VIPER Events 2A

Last edited:

SD70MAC

The National Guard is helping the EMS on off road calls here in Davie county. They are Winter 1 and Winter 2.

GB1952

Premium Subscriber
Tg# 51840 twc tower hoke co tec 2
tg# 41728 spout springs tower moore co em
tg#11312 erwin tower ncem central

nitroboie

IMAP 14208 very active in Charlotte. A lot of plows are getting stuck. Also heard an announcement on NCSHP H4 for all units to switch to VIPER due to low coverage on lowband.

SD70MAC

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-22) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

SD70MAC said:
The National Guard is helping the EMS on off road calls here in Davie county. They are Winter 1 and Winter 2.

Today the Guard units in Davie have been using Winter Watch 13 .

SD70MAC

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-22) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

SD70MAC said:

Today the Guard units in Davie have been using Winter Watch 13 .

Status
Not open for further replies.