testing in forsyth??

Status
Not open for further replies.

REVREID

heard a broadcast on forsyth county fire dispatch yesterday. heard something about a tower at wake forest-and something about rebanding. just curious ,if any one knew what this was about,or may be forsyth is changing some frequencies. no big deal-just curious to know. thanks

REVREID

rebanding

been hearing this again. some place is rebanding. does anyone know if it is forsyth county-as i heard them mention wake forest tower. also mentioned two towers-one north ,one south. i receive them on forsyth county fire dispatch. i kinda hope it is that county .maybe i would get it more than every two weeks- l o l thanks

The simulcast system has been rebanded for some time now as you can see in the database. Maybe they are doing some narrowbanding instead of rebanding?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

REVREID

thanks

thanks for the reply- but-no-i heard them say that they were rebanding. i knew that forsyth had rebanded-so this is what got me. could it be a viper reband? they always are on forsyth county fire. strange isnt it??

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
I kind of doubt it was Viper

The Western part of the state which is Zones 2 & 4 were rebanded before winter of last year.

Winston-Salem is included in Zone 2

Now the Eastern part of the state is under going rebanding now.

David

REVREID

heard more

well,they have started again. i heard them mention archdale-tonight. also heard them talk of rebanding. any one out there hearing this-or have any clue what is up.? its on forsyth county fire dispatch on home patrol.they never come on till the late evening-today-around 5.00 pm. i know it is no big deal-but i am a curious person- l o l

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
I am just wandering if you maybe picking up skip from another station.

I know that Rowan County has bad skip on their State Fire patch.

What I mean is when somebody is using State Fire it will come across the Salisbury 800 Mhz. patch.

Same thing happened years ago here in Concord. I was at the mall and had my 800 Mhz. it started talking and picking up a fire department down in South Carolina with the same PL.

Same might be happening with you, since Forsyth Fire is carrier squelch.

Like I said it could be skip, because it does it at a particular time of the day.

Plus I doubt many radio techs unless there is an emergency will work past the standard 5pm work day stopping point.

David

REVREID

good idea

you may be onto something-or is it rebanding in wake county-and it is skipping over? maybe wake forest is the tower in wake county. i used to get missouri highway patrol every evening. well thanks-if you hear or have any other ideas,let me know

trumpetman

Database Admin
Wake Forest is a site in Wake County. Since the sites in Wake County haven't rebanded yet I imagine you're hearing an announcement that's going out over a wide-area and that just so happens to include a tower in your area.

NC4AB

Premium Subscriber
The problem is when VIPER added the Tall Pines Tower (Welcome) site they assigned the primary control channel to be 853.5625 MHz, which also happens to be an alternate control channel for the WS/FC system.

If you remove the 853.5625 frequency out of the WS/FC system everything will work properly.

I initially thought my scanner had totally lost its mind until I figured out why I was hearing VIPER traffic on what I thought was the WS/FC system.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
I don't doubt it one bit.

That is probably for the frequency changes for the Viper Site in Mint Hill (Mecklenburg Co.)

The old control channel was 853.4375 Mhz. Well that was one of the City of Concord (Cabarrus Co.) control channels and the Midland site.

Both sites were within maybe 5 miles from each other, so therefore the frequency switch for the Mint Hill Viper Site.

There might be plans for a control channel change for the Welcome Site. I have done some search and found that some of the Viper Sites have had frequency changes and license modifications.

David

fcfd988

Feed Provider
The control channel interference from the Welcome VIPER site has been an on-going issue for scanner listeners all over Winston-Salem and Forsyth County, The problem is the folks who are only scanning the W-S/FC system with the 853.5625 control channel in the list will sometimes get locked on the Welcome VIPER site and then they hear absolutely nothing on the W-S/FC system. I have had people as far north as King and Rural Hall experiencing this issue.

Andy, I am sure it was giving you a fit at your house!

REVREID

answer to another question

this may explain why i cannot get forsyth county at times. could this be corrected by a change to the data base of forsyth county in radio reference? the only way i can update my home patrol is by downloading a new or updated data base to it. is there any way this could be done? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.