NC Forest Services High Band

Status
Not open for further replies.

RohnsRadio

Premium Subscriber
i have been listing to the highband rpt freqs for some time and recently have noted a change.

151.310 hearing what sounds like a control channel buzz no, its not like p-25

159.390 now here i am hearing p-25 is this new? i was hearing anlog voice

151.265 voice, comming through a repeater but sounds like dump trucks talking about hauling
rock and other types of loads.

the 151.265 i searched the data base and no other users close by or on close by channels. also was home sick yesterday and heard p-25 on that channel.

anyone else heard this? i'm sure forest service will do p-25 sooner or later like everyone else has.

jsncrso

KN4ZVZ
Feed Provider
As far as I know they usually use the radio system of whatever county their office is in. However, the portable field radios they use here have the frequency of 151.220; that's the only frequency I've ever picked up from them.

AlphaFive

N.C. Forest Service

This is a long shot, but since your in Lenior, the Tennessee W.R.C. uses a v.h.f. p-25 system. I have hit their repeater somewhere near Roan Mountain-Unicoi-Erwin. Just a thought, don't know

AlphaFive

N.C. Forest Service

Haa, that one is on me, you have county listed for any person paying attention to see... Thank you for letting me know about the "Lenior" , oh my

I know VHF has had a lot of ducting going on the last few days. The other night I talked to the south side of Jacksonville FL from Jacksonville NC on 146.520 simplex with only 25 watts, and my vhf antenna is only up about 1 1/2 feet above the peak of my single story roof.

This time of year, there's no telling what you can hear on VHF at night, which usually starts about an hour after local sunset until around 3-4am local for me....

Status
Not open for further replies.