Fayetteville phase 1 upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtsims

has anyone heard any more news on the change over ? I understand from the local pd officers that it is still set to change over in January.

Last edited by a moderator:

basstuba

Premium Subscriber
I have not heard any info for the new fay trs yet.Marshall please check your pm.

basstuba

Premium Subscriber
I heard talk on on of the talk groups on the Fay trs about flashing new templates on some of the radios.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Fayetteville is NOT going Phase II TDMA.

Fayevtteville will be going Phase 1 FDMA sharing a portion of the City of Durhams Phase 1 FDMA Core.

I can't comment on exact timeframes of switchover nor exact talkgroup usage.

Marshall KE4ZNR

GMB951

Premium Subscriber
I have not received any info on Fayetteville switch but will post as soon as anything comes up

basstuba

Premium Subscriber
Marshall,from what I am hearing the fay. Pd has the template already loaded on there radios.they are waiting on the switchover.question how is fayetteville going to tie in to the Durham system and will the system be just 1 site.and any news on the eta. Pm me I work in fayetteville and listen to this system everyday.

kc4jgc

Question 1: Why would two counties 50+ miles apart share a system? Is there a cost savings by linking the 2 systems via internet or some other method?
Question 2: Will the Fayetteville side be on the same freqs as the current analog system? If not, what are the P25 freqs?

Waiting patiently for new info as it comes into the RRDB..

GMB951

Premium Subscriber
I contacted a board member who said Fayetteville what their own system requirement and don't want to belong to state viper radio and in the future more depts. may want to come on board.
also I have spotted one or more micro wave looking antenna around the city so I think they are in place however no control; freq as of yet

GMB951

Premium Subscriber
Tower site for Fayetteville P-25
1- WFNC Tower
2- Cumberland Co NC ?? possible Cedar Creek
3- Slocomb Tower
4- 5712 Raeford Rd ?? likely TWC
This was why I seen the new large dish going up on Slocomb, this would cover most of the county and city

GMB951

Premium Subscriber
Checked on the new Fayetteville Radio system was told antennas are in place, but no other info yet.Fay not one to release a lot of info the main interest is the body cams for officers at present.

GMB951

Premium Subscriber
Have been monitoring a active control freq of 855.3625 SID-05c9h-0103 however no voice yet very strong signal bar;mabe new fay system signal???. Old system still up with voice

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Have been monitoring a active control freq of 855.3625 SID-05c9h-0103 however no voice yet very strong signal bar;mabe new fay system signal???. Old system still up with voice

Wow...system ID of 5C9? That sounds very familiar :cool::lol:

And Site 3? That would mean Durham 4.1 is site 1, Durham P25 is site 2, and Fayetteville P25 is Site 3 in Mother Moto Terms.

aXEav6F.jpg

The red & orange mean the system is in testing phase. We call the red "tomatoes in the salad"....you really want the system to be all green like the Durham P25 system above.

I will be updating the database this weekend.
Marshall KE4ZNR

basstuba

Premium Subscriber
Now the next big question, when is going live?Marshall pm me if I can help you with how the system sounds and how far the c.c. Goes.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Now the next big question, when is going live?Marshall pm me if I can help you with how the system sounds and how far the c.c. Goes.

That is up to those in charge of Fayetteville's communications to decide.
A reminder: The Durham/Fayetteville partnership allows Fayetteville to use a walled off portion of our P25 core. Fayetteville has a very competent staff and agreements with local partners to maintain their towers & their radios.
Fayetteville is responsible for their towers, their talkgroups and their radios. Durham's responsibility extends to making sure our core is up and running, that is all.
Once Fayetteville finishes their testing and goes online Durham will no longer see their system on our Genwatch.
Basically, Durham will control their system and Fayetteville with control theirs.
I can only comment on the Durham aspects of the system and not the Fayetteville System as that is outside my scope of responsibility.
Marshall KE4ZNR

GMB951

Premium Subscriber
I have what I think is the control freq in my bcd-996xt scanners and will post as soon as it becomes active

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I have what I think is the control freq in my bcd-996xt scanners and will post as soon as it becomes active

One thing I can pass along is that the Control Channels appear to be 855.3625Mhz and 859.3125Mhz.

Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Hopefully the female voice was Laura's and not your!
Not since I had that reverse Jenner surgery a few years back ;)
Homer (system admin) had temporarily placed one of their P25 talkgroups on his console while they do testing so I could not resist the chance to say hey to Laura.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.