McDowell County Fire Dispatch Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have the noise issues resolved but I am having some connectivity problems @ the RX site but it seems to have been working ok for the last 17 hours or so, we'll see.

Windoze 10 has got to go! The constant updating will not work in an unattended environment. I will be trying some Linux solutions and hopefully will have something working reliably in the next few days.

It's nothing special, an IC207 someone gave me, a netbook with a busted screen I got off eBay for $20 and a Tram marine antenna for 20 something dollars from Walmart.com. I turned some noise reduction on to get rid of the background hiss but it might be too aggressive, it cuts off long paging tones and distorts the audio if a loud siren is in the background.

The Mt Mitchell 145.190 amateur radio repeater will be carried on the feed in addition to the regular frequencies on May 15, 2017 due to the Assault on Marion/Mt Mitchell bike rides

Finally got around to replacing the Windows 10 machine with a Linux machine this past Thursday. Well 16 hours later lightning took it and the radio out. I have built a replacement computer and already had a replacement radio purchased. Hopefully, will get them installed this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.