IMAP Changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerMK

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone aware of any changes to the IMAP talkgroups? I've been hearing many oddities lately such as STOC calling Forsyth units on Iredell/Catawba talkgoups, STOC calling Salisbury DOT on Buncombe talkgroups and units calling Metro on talkgroups that don't correspond with their location. I'm still working on documenting a detailed list of changes i've found but any help would be appreciated. Thanks..

ferrellssam

Is anyone aware of any changes to the IMAP talkgroups? I've been hearing many oddities lately such as STOC calling Forsyth units on Iredell/Catawba talkgoups, STOC calling Salisbury DOT on Buncombe talkgroups and units calling Metro on talkgroups that don't correspond with their location. I'm still working on documenting a detailed list of changes i've found but any help would be appreciated. Thanks..

Could be just route changes requiring comms with other STOC dispatch....Nothing has changed in the Wake/Durham/Johnston Co. IMAP(Div. 5)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KG4KHQ

Premium Subscriber
I'm going to say more than likely that the STOC has some talkgroups patched together. That would allow one Telecommunicator to handle different areas at the same time. Basically it makes one big talkgroup to receive and transmit on. At the 911 center I retired from, we would routinely patch 2 secondary talkgroups together if one of the operators needed a break.

TylerMK

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the replies. I hadn't thought about talkgroups being patched. IMAP Catawba/Iredell Ops 1 used to be quiet but now appears to be I-85 in Gaston/Meck/Cabarrus Counties. IMAP Catawba/Iredell Disp is STOC calling units in Forsyth County, only the STOC side of the conversation is heard. IMAP Meck Ops 1 is I-77 in Meck and Iredell counties. I haven't heard anything on the Gaston/Rowan/Cabarrus IMAP talkgroups lately. Most of this info was obtained by listening to units checking on duty and stating their patrol areas to Metro. I still haven't heard any IMAP traffic pertaining to I-40 in Iredell, Catawba or Burke Counties. According to the IMAP website at least Catawba and Burke are under the Foothills Division. Thanks again for the comments,the search continues...

ferrellssam

I work Div. 5 IMAP as a driver and that I'm aware of, IMAP DOES NOT patch any of their channels together.....if we need to communicate with any other agency or another regional STOC, we have to find them in our radio and switch to their TG

TylerMK

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. Since the Iredell/Catawba IMAP talkgroup is apparently now only used for I-85 in Gaston,Meck and Cabarrus counties I'm trying to find the talkgroups for "foothills area" IMAP....with no success so far. What is the talkgroup for the foothills area IMAP labeled as in your radio? Do you know if they're dispatched by STOC or the Metrolina TMC?

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
New IMAP Talkgroups?

I have actually discovered several talkgroups that aren't listed in the database, I do hear stuff on them every day or so. Some of the talkgroups I discovered fall within the NCDOT IMAP group of talkgroup IDs and some fall within the NC SHP group of talkgroup IDs. Unfortunately they aren't used enough for me to be able to identify what they are. It's entirely possible these talkgroups are for another county area and I only hear them when they bleed over onto Catawba's VIPER Site towers... I can provide a list of unidentified talkgroups that I've found if anyone has access to be able to identify who/what they are. Thanks!

David

RF-Burns

You'd be amazed by the amount of Talkgroups that aren't listed for Viper, same goes with the Charlotte Area UASI.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
You'd be amazed by the amount of Talkgroups that aren't listed for Viper, same goes with the Charlotte Area UASI.

Oh I know, The 15 talkgroups that I found aren’t listed yet in the database but I’m trying to listen and find out what each talkgroup is. Some of them aren’t used that often which is proving to take a while to figure out.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
I listen to Metro TMC in Charlotte just about daily.

They must not have any radio techs that know how to tone down their transmissions.

I have to turn down the volume when the base starts talking.

They will blow your ears off because of the high amount of gain and modulation.

Almost sounds like they are yelling into the mic at times.

I track Metro TMC which is dispatching IMAP units for both Iredell & Mecklenburg Counties.

I listen to them on the Viper System.

I don't even think they have a talkgroup on UASI anymore.

Hope this helps

David

AJIComm1

I know STOC dispatches and communicates with Buncombe IMAP Units on IMAP DISP HAYWOOD hopes this helps also

Status
Not open for further replies.